Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Demonstrations of skill, giveaways, maybe a game of bingo?
Requires 10 posts to participate.
  • No avatar

pawl #4585

Custom Custom Custom
MedMos wrote: 01 Mar 22, 09:17 Thanks, @laam999 and @pawl! The shield is a bit of sprue for the handle, cut and sanded in shape, and a bit of a tube from my dwindling greenstuff supply. Found out by coincidence that it had the exact diameter I made the handle, so scavenged a bit. Painted it with a watered down blue, many times, to get a blue tint to it. And freehand hexagons... Not perfect, but -as we say in the business- good enough! :smirk:
Oops, missed this post! Double posting as you won't get the notification otherwise.
Simple converting work there (it doesn't get much more basic than sprue and plastic tubing) but it's turned out really well, top effort! 😁
MedMos liked this
Hobby Workshop

the_real_iron_hand #4588

Custom Custom
Thst looks funky and more importantly for a Necron warrior, replicable xD

Thanks for the confirmation re the 2 month deadline: I do so swear that by the last day of April I will have completed a Goliath Rockgrinder for the glory of the One-Armed Emperor.

laam999 #4589

Custom Custom Custom

These are the pics of them done, few details to finish but they where good enough for the tournament so that's enough until I feel like going back. Here are the dragoons.

Having another tournament in April but this time it's all friends and we have the whole venue and all my friends fear my dragoons (I have 4) so I'm going to get another 8 tabletop ready.

It'll likely be a basic paint job again but I'd like to match them to my old ones.
Image.

After that I may take a break from AdMech and work on a side project.

I know the robots aren't fully finished, but they where to the level I needed for the day so I'm happy with it.

Love the blue glow on the necron gun like.

Cswitheyjr #4598

Custom Custom
I cswitheyjr do take an oath for the month of March to complete a Redemptor Dreadnought, for the glory of the Emperor!
No avatar

MedMos #4600

Custom Custom
I, MedMos, do take an oath for the month of March to finish a cyber alsatian, for the Glory of the Emperor and loyal to Lord Helmawr.

It's the companion for last months enforcer, and as of last night was in the state of the picture I posted at the beginning of February, ie. in pieces. Did some work this morning, wip's in my plog sometime soon.*

*Your definition of soon may not be applicable
pawl liked this

pawl #4603

Custom Custom Custom
Just a fly-by post as I'm at work - I'll post the roundup later tonight, been busy and haven't had chance yet! 😅
New oaths will of course still be valid 🙂
MedMos liked this

pawl #4605

Custom Custom Custom
End of feb update

Alright, second-month update!

This month there's a couple more players in the game, with 6 oaths made for February. Five were completed, one broken (and it wasn't me this time! 😁)

Earning the Oath Redeemed badge this month:
Me!

Earning the Oath Fulfilled badge this month:
@RZA, @MedMos, @laam999 and myself

Earning the Oath Broken badge this month:
@James

Members fulfilling an oath who are already badged:
@the_real_iron_hand (I might consider badges for multiple fulfilment, but it would be a lot of faffing around!)

Absent members this month:
@Lovecraft0110

Oaths for the month of March can now be made, with three already in! As a reminder, you don't have to have taken part already to join in this month!

Good luck all! 🙂
MedMos liked this

pawl #4606

Custom Custom Custom
the_real_iron_hand wrote: 03 Mar 22, 14:39Thst looks funky and more importantly for a Necron warrior, replicable xD
Very much so! The next method will be about as efficient, but much easier for the early brush-work. Trying to get a brush underneath all the armour without actually touching the armour is a nightmare, so next time I'll work inside out and just live with not having a zenithal highlight (that didn't happen this time anyway because I massively oversprayed it!)
The glow was also meant to be orange, but I forgot that I didn't have the orange flourescent paint I wanted 😅

laam999 wrote: 03 Mar 22, 15:20all my friends fear my dragoons (I have 4) so I'm going to get another 8 tabletop ready
Absolutely solid logic: if four is scary bring twelve! 😂
the_real_iron_hand liked this

laam999 #4613

Custom Custom Custom
Dinosaur's riding dinosaur's is definitely the way to go like.
I'm already thinking I'll fail this one even giving myself 2 month, a little burnt out with my AdMech ATM but once April is gone I won't have a real deadline to paint to so I can start painting whatever takes my fancy again.
Hobby Workshop