Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Demonstrations of skill, giveaways, maybe a game of bingo?
Requires 10 posts to participate.
  • No avatar

pawl #4562

Custom Custom Custom
laam999 wrote: ↑24 Feb 22, 19:59 How "complete" do my minis need to be?

I'll get the colours all down and prob the transfers and basic highlights but I'm leaving the faces until the muse takes me as it's going to be a lot of fine details.
Pretty much what James said I think.
"if you think you could call it finished" will do as a vague guideline, even if you intend to later go back and do more finishing. 😁
Hobby Workshop
No avatar

MedMos #4566

Custom Custom
No oathbreaker me! I managed to finish two models actually, but only pledged this one. :grinning:
James liked this

laam999 #4567

Custom Custom Custom
Love the freehand hexagonal pattern on the shield
MedMos liked this

James #4568

Custom Custom Custom
Proud to become an oath breaker this month πŸ˜‚

pawl #4570

Custom Custom Custom
MedMos wrote: ↑27 Feb 22, 15:22 No oathbreaker me! I managed to finish two models actually, but only pledged this one. :grinning:
This is awesome! What did you use for the shield?

James wrote: ↑28 Feb 22, 19:07 Proud to become an oath breaker this month πŸ˜‚
If you were to finish tonight you still have a couple of days to let oils dry and take photos πŸ˜‰
MedMos liked this
No avatar

MedMos #4573

Custom Custom
Thanks, @laam999 and @pawl! The shield is a bit of sprue for the handle, cut and sanded in shape, and a bit of a tube from my dwindling greenstuff supply. Found out by coincidence that it had the exact diameter I made the handle, so scavenged a bit. Painted it with a watered down blue, many times, to get a blue tint to it. And freehand hexagons... Not perfect, but -as we say in the business- good enough! :smirk:
James liked this

laam999 #4574

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote:
laam999 wrote: ↑24 Feb 22, 19:59 How "complete" do my minis need to be?

I'll get the colours all down and prob the transfers and basic highlights but I'm leaving the faces until the muse takes me as it's going to be a lot of fine details.
Pretty much what James said I think.
"if you think you could call it finished" will do as a vague guideline, even if you intend to later go back and do more finishing. 😁
I'll call 8/9 of my robots done, they need a little highlighting, the faces and to be weathered, but that will all keep, they're a nice tabletop level for now.

I'm currently building 8 Ironstrider/Dragoons.

I'm unlikely to finish these within a month but I'd like them done by end of April so I'll aim for this month. I'll post a pic of their current state when I'm back home tomorrow (almost fully build and just need arms/heads/guns magnetising).
MedMos liked this

the_real_iron_hand #4577

Custom Custom
I want to paint a GSC Goliath next but unsure I could do it in a month especially as I have a visitor coming for a week. Can I take a 2 month oath on it?

laam999 #4580

Custom Custom Custom
If that's an option that's my choice for the dragoons/ironstriders too, I'm going to get to see a lot more of my daughter from next week so I have less time and need the distraction less. Still aiming to have them done by April 23rd tho.

pawl #4583

Custom Custom Custom
the_real_iron_hand wrote: ↑01 Mar 22, 21:46I want to paint a GSC Goliath next but unsure I could do it in a month especially as I have a visitor coming for a week. Can I take a 2 month oath on it?
If you think that's a reasonable amount of time then of course you can! πŸ™‚
laam999 wrote: ↑02 Mar 22, 07:26If that's an option that's my choice for the dragoons/ironstriders too, I'm going to get to see a lot more of my daughter from next week so I have less time and need the distraction less. Still aiming to have them done by April 23rd tho.
As above 😁 Although you obviously don't need to pledge multiple models, either.
(edit: have you posted the final photo for this month? If not there's still 26 hours to get it in!)

So I called the space skeleton 'done' a couple of nights ago. You can read all my excuses as to the low-quality finish (and the teal lighting) here, but I learned rather a lot while painting him and I'm a big step closer to getting my final workflow for the scheme. =]
MedMos liked this
Hobby Workshop