Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #855

Custom Custom Custom
I get what you mean. The eavy metal stuff is going really overboard although I do think it looks great.. I'm not confident enough to attempt that level of highlighting!
Front dozer bit is more or less done I think. Quite happy with the highlighting for the most part.
When it comes to weathering I may try to do some very tiny stains coming from the bigger battle scars.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #858

Custom Custom Custom
I think the HH style works better, with minimal to no highlighting.
And it's no different to any other kind of edge highlighting - side of the brush, with a small amount of really thinned paint. That way the highlights will be very subtle, and you can build them up with multiple layers as you get towards the points.

Blade looks good! And if you look at the top right corner you can see that there's already some highlighting by the metal trim - not sure if that's natural or you, but it's still there.

Go for it! As ever, keep a spare brush just in case 😜 or try using oils so you can retouch as you go?

James #862

Custom Custom Custom
Ah ok have you got any hh models in mind for reference? Not really looked into hh models that much!

Haha that was me 😀😀 it's got alot of bits jutting out and stuff glad I've been able to pick it out subtly.
This side has turned out nice.
Not touched the top bit yet so I know that's missing the highlights
Update;
Green highlights done.
Next step is to mix ogryn camo and abit of rakarth flesh so I can get a top highlight on the top of vehicle.
Getting quite close to being finished scarily. I am pretty happy with how it's turned out.
Biggest model I've painted by far.

pawl #867

Custom Custom Custom
Posted a thread here, should do you as a starting point 👌

Think that's come out really well! You could throw something at the sponsons and it would work perfectly well as it is I think. Much as I've just been bashing edge highlighting I think its really made the difference with this.

James #873

Custom Custom Custom
N1. Ill check it out tomorrow 😊

Managed to do the final edge highlighting just to lift the top section. Really pleased and the line down the middle etc has turned out nicely!
Lovecraft0110 liked this

pawl #881

Custom Custom Custom
Come out really well mate! Just weapons left?

James #888

Custom Custom Custom
Yes I've blocked in the colours this morning.
Then... It'll be weathering 😟😟😟😟
And may be a blood or arterial spray!

pawl #894

Custom Custom Custom
If I'm honest I don't have much advice for weathering. I do know that @Lovecraft0110 has a tutorial or two up though!

Lovecraft0110 #907

Custom Custom
@James, Great work!

I would definitely try weathering that. It couldn't be more fitting given the subject. I will be doing a Death Guard Arquitor Bombard soon, by the way. Very similar vehicle. Since it's DG I am going to dial up the weathering to 11, heheh.

pawl #909

Custom Custom Custom
Any suggestions Enrique? I've played around a tiny bit with pigment powders, but I wouldn't know how to touch something like that!
Hobby Workshop