Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For whatever doesn't belong anywhere else.

pawl #2877

Custom Custom Custom
This isn't my work, but that of PeaceCraft @ B&C, who's said I can share it here.
PeaceCraft wrote: The idea here is to make a small game level for test purposes. It'll de a beat em up/ shoot em up between orks and marines. Some dakka and slappy action, we will make it browser compatible and release it for fun for all the fans to get some old school gaming in 16 bit pixel art (with modern technology). don't worry about IP cuz we dont mean to make money out of it, this is just a project of love.

the initial animations are almost complete (there will be waaay more but the essential ones for prototyping are almost done), i'm currently making the game - there will be a playable free fanproject game online soon - i will prototype it then start making pre alpha versions and slowly add features and gameplay. You will be able to play a hybrid beat em up/ run and gun kinda streets of rage/metal slug kinda game on your browser. this is not for sale it is a fan project and i'm doing it cuz i love the setting and i wanted to make something cool for the community.
Check these sprites out!

Astartes:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Orks:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Is this cool or what?! 😁
Hobby Workshop

James #2882

Custom Custom Custom
Omg its genius. Very streets of ragey πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The ork looks abit like a teenage mutant ninja turtle at the bottom

pawl #2914

Custom Custom Custom
I'm hoping for a Golden Axe style minigame between levels where you have to hit Gretchin for power-ups 😁
James liked this

pawl #3111

Custom Custom Custom
Update!
Thanks lads!

someone asked a few technical questions on another forum i figured i'd add the answer here:

game ETA - well, i was hoping a couple of months - maybe april -to release a first prototype to see what people think of the gameplay. Then we work on versions and refine everything and add complexity in later versions of alpha and beta. but it all depends on how far we can program in the next months, i'm churning out artwork at a decent pace but can't answer for the programming part. But remember: this isn't our jobs so we still have to make money and pay those pandemic bills lol Image i promise to do what i can. I haven't mentioned much technical gamedesign mechanics cuz this is a modeling wargaming forum and i figured people would be bored to know about the engine and gameplay dev. but since you asked - let me answer a few things : game logic is being done in Unity engine and is 90% ready to start implementing gameplay (skeleton is almost ready to add meat). All your suggestions are covered bro Image - i plan to make different weapon loadouts, but since this is not a commercial game designed to sell - we are developing considering funfactor and viability as our main concerns (instead of crap like lootboxes Image blargh Image )- our content logic will be related to development needs - and in this case we considered making different equipable weapon loadouts on the same character but discarded the idea - we realised it would be more convenient to give a variety of gameplay experience when we make each player character have a unique loadout and playstyle associated with different chapters. for example - our second playable character (that i already drew- check out my first post) will be a bloodangel -and the idea is to have him wielding a chainsword and a bolt pistol. He will use a different mechanic from the ultramarine (Ultramarine uses tactical bar and the bloodangel uses a ragebar that will be completely different in feel and gameplay) As for loadouts - just off the top of my head i was thinking: dark angel - power sword and plasma pistol with some kind of overheat risk mechanic - salamander with a flamer, emperor's fist with a power fist, and... well, didn't think much further than that - but don't get too excited just yet - we are currently a 2 man team and there is only so much we can do in a few months. Also - i will make nobz as minibosses and the final level boss will be a warboss for sure.

I will definately be doing other chapters later - but for now - we need to focus on finishing a working prototype before adding options and embelishments (i learned this the hard way on other games, so trust me on this one).

After a hyatus with comissions and cyberpunk, i'm baaack

Some animations are needed to give the characters a breather when they are under a lot of pressure, so i decided to add some emote animations to add character to the orkz. And also to avoid just hanging out doing nothing (like always happens in beat em ups while the player is lying down).

So here we are - two small emotes and one taunt

Smirking giggle

Enthusiastic nod

Straight up mocking laughter (maybe with a "HAHA" like nelson from the simpsons)

At this point we are building up the game logic - and the enemy templates for when we start fine tuning the gameplay. The bullets casing already fly in the right direction with cool physics, hitboxes are in, the animation triggers are looking fine, its starrting to look like a game - some more polishing and then we can start working on gameplay.

The Programmer is spending some time setting up a user friendly system so i can change the stats without coding (cuz i'm a coding dummy)

C&C welcome!

James #3114

Custom Custom Custom
Enthusiastic nod has to be the winner!!

pawl #3150

Custom Custom Custom
I think they're perfect for Orks, just cartoony enough without being too silly! 😁
James liked this
Hobby Workshop