Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For anything else unrelated to the hobby.

Axineton #1302

Thought I'd start a thread to see if we could discuss and recommend tv shows and movies we may not of seen or seen.

I watched Warrior Nun last week and it wasn't bad considering there is nothing out worth watching. It's about 10 episodes on Netflix. I'm waiting for The Umbrella Academy Series 2 at the end of the month so it filled a gap.
James liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1304

Custom Custom Custom
I actually don't watch tv. Like at all! It's often on in the background but I can't remember the last time I put something on.
Last time I went to watch something was probably last year when I started another rewatch of Breaking Bad while walking back from work, but I don't think I finished the first season before I got sidetracked. Very rare that I actually have the opportunity to sit and watch anything it seems!

James #1310

Custom Custom Custom
Another great topic here 😀
I might have a look at warrior nun the problem I've got is my fiancee and I have totally different tastes. The only stuff we can generally agree on is like crime dramas and crime documentaries. We recently watched hidden on bbc that's quite good. And then we absolutely smashed though "the capture" the other day. Watched 5 episodes on the trot and then finished it yesterday. Worth a watch if you like the genre.
We've started watching the Zac Efron travelling and learning how to do stuff better documentary. It's quite interesting actually and I would say I wouldn't have any interest in watching anything he does normally. But also im quite a keen traveller and most places he goes in Iceland I've been to and one of the two of the places in Costa Rica too 😃

Update: it's called Down to Earth with Zac Efron

Has everyone watched event horizon to see a 40k inspired film?

Axineton #1315

@James I’ve watched the capture but I hated the ending. If you have Netflix there are some great crime things on there. Mindhunter is outstanding mate and also Unabomber is fantastic too well worth watching.

James #1316

Custom Custom Custom
@Axineton I do agree the end was dissapointing. Great build up though.
We liked mindhunter that was good. I've seen Unabomber before and thought it was good until they caught him and then I lost interest.
I've just shown the mrs first two episodes of x files and she seems to be intrigued 😯😯 altho episode 3 is the first tooms one so it'll be interesting to see if her interest continues as she's not good with scary stuff 🤣 she's only 24 so completely missed all the good 90s and early 00s tv and film. I've been trying to re educate her in lockdown, We did some classic 90s action films like "the rock".. which she enjoyed but then my god "face off" wow that's not aged well!! 🤣
Any other recommendations?

pawl #1322

Custom Custom Custom
It's only slightly related, but did either of you catch Liar? It's one of the few things that I've actually watched on tv in years, and it actually wasn't that bad.

James #1328

Custom Custom Custom
I think my Mrs smashed through that one. Is it the itv one? I did see abit of it and then I think I was distracted by plastic crack 😁

pawl #1332

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah, started a couple of years ago, finished with series 2. I was pleasantly surprised by it actually being alright!
James liked this

Axineton #1355

@pawl no can’t say I’ve ever heard of it. I don’t watch the four terrestrial channels haven’t done for years. Only Netflix and amazon really oh and Apple TV too now and again.

James #1358

Custom Custom Custom
IPlayer and itv player tend to hold it all. Can't beat a good british drama 😂
@Axineton I'm guessing you've watched tigerking!?
Hobby Workshop