Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Cast off the shackles of your slumber! The galaxy shall be ours once again!

James #3938

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to finally pick up the paintbrush again post the wedding/honeymoon/xmas blur.
Almost done with the Tomb blades. Would say they are far from my best work but as its speed project its fine... I guess 😬😬😬😬 and I'm really not fussed about these since I've already embarked on purchasing my 3rd army πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but they'll do.
I may look to do some sort of osl on the weapon to make it pop.
Only a few models left in this necron batch and I can move on to more exciting stuff. Basing yet to be done for the whole batch but will match my other snowcrons.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3940

Custom Custom Custom
A little flash of colour (and obviously the snow) will sort these out lovely mate. Did you ever post the army shots?

James #3942

Custom Custom Custom
I just posted the group unit shots on the first topic. But when this batch are done I'll have a pop at trying to get a big snowy family dynasty shot. Failing that I could always do some sort of revenge dad 80s shot πŸ˜‚

pawl #3945

Custom Custom Custom
More Seraphim Sepia please πŸ˜‚
You should base the shelf they're on, get everything matching!

James #3946

Custom Custom Custom
Hahaha that would be a lot of basing material πŸ˜‚
Update:
Overlord blue blending done.
Will need to just do the edge highlight on the weapon and he's basically done.

James #3976

Custom Custom Custom
Productive day powering through the last of these guys!!
Rushing but good results considering how quick I'm getting through them.
Overlord.
Reanimator
Last lonely skorpech destroyer
Technomancer!
This guys weapon was hard work... Being a tall mini it was really hard to get the hand still and accurate! It'll do though. Happy with the cloak too.
I'll now need to complete the basing for the entire batch which is if I remember....
Hexmark destroyer
New scarabs
Old scarabs
Tomb blades
Royal warden
Overlord
Imhotek the stormlord
Plasmactye
Cryptothralls
Plasmancer

Hopefully can blast through that tomorrow so I'm free for J1M πŸ˜‚
Although I did say I was gna do some osl on the Tomb blades.... But not sure I can be bothered πŸ€”

James #3989

Custom Custom Custom
Thank you!
How are you getting on? As you mentioned the hand eye and depth being tough imagine the edge highlighting is a real bugger, I have seen people use the old airbrush for some very cool necron glow weapons though πŸ€”

the_real_iron_hand #3997

Custom Custom
I think now (several months after I was trying to do it) I understand where I was going wrong - I wasn't pushing the contrast enough so my purples weren't dark enough for the dark bits or light enough for the light bits. And I am not the most patient person ever born so the billion glazing layers proved taxing πŸ˜†

James #3998

Custom Custom Custom
Ah yes I get you. Its also one of those things where it looks worse before it looks good 🀣 so definitely takes persistence and some breath holding πŸ‘ let me know if you try again
the_real_iron_hand liked this
Hobby Workshop