Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Demonstrations of skill, giveaways, maybe a game of bingo?
Requires 10 posts to participate.
  • No avatar

laam999 #4845

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote:If you'd like we could 'helpfully' point out bits that you might have missed? 😁

How's everybody else getting on? Do we get a pledge from @laam999 this month? πŸ™‚
No pledge from me this month, I just have a lot going on. I do plan on getting back into it and doing a single model for next month.

Found a new local group and they're going to do a Stargrave campaign so I'm going to paint the Elucidian Starstriders for that, starting 1 mini at a time and hopefully put max effort into them all as I feel like I've become a worse painter over the last 5y.

I'll get them built and primed and make a pledge for next month.
pawl liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #4846

Custom Custom Custom
It's all good buddy, life gets busy and everybody has those times πŸ™‚

Will have to look the models up as I'm not familiar with them.
What do you think you've lost in that time? I'm sure that a little practise will have you back there!

laam999 #4850

Custom Custom Custom
I just feel like I've gotten worse in almost every aspect lol.

I have decided to enter this month, I built and primed these last night (23rd) this is how far I got on this model during a quiet shift at work.

Going to out max effort in. Happy with the blue, the white in the shirt cuffs and the hair, skin needs more work, helm needs more work.
MedMos, James liked this

James #4852

Custom Custom Custom
Going to try and squeeze a late entry in for this month.
My big boy canoptek doomstalker.
He's been part painted.... I began this guy. Primed. Silver base. Shifters to give it some iridescence. Then I hit with oil wash.... But I didn't have any white spirits left... So I used what I had in the art box... Linseed oil. And.... It took about 4 months to dry!!!! As its finally dry I'd like to finish it.
Would that be OK guys as a late part painted entry? @Cswitheyjr @MedMos @laam999 @pawl @the_real_iron_hand ?
I could try and squeeze in the 3 acanthrites along with this. Which were done in the same batch πŸ€”
MedMos liked this

laam999 #4855

Custom Custom Custom
I'm cool with that. Thanks for the warnibg about linseed oil like. I've not done any oil washes but it's something I plan to dabble in soon so that's good to know not to use.
No avatar

MedMos #4856

Custom Custom
Finishing models seems to be the whole point, so I'd say go for it!
Going to be a struggle on my end, but I'll try and squeeze some hobby time in over the weekend. Earn that badge. :smiley:

James #4860

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks fellas. May have bitten off more than I can chew now haha πŸ˜‚ but the dp is coming along nicely.. His base is a real treat.
@laam999 ha yeh learn from my mistake. It came in an artists oil set so just assumed itd work fine.. But in hindsight I'm guessing it only works if your working on canvas or something. Oh well... Its dry now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

pawl #4861

Custom Custom Custom
The masses have spoken! 😁
I'm still struggling to get hobby time in, thanks to the drying times required for the stage I'm at. Having to wait for varnishes and chipping mediums to dry means that I need longer than I have available, and it's doing my head in! πŸ™ˆ
No avatar

MedMos #4862

Custom Custom
I'm also struggling to get any hobbying done, so much so that I'm now resigned to accepting that for this month I'm earning that other badge... Just been to busy and fighting a cold. Next month I shall persevere!

James #4863

Custom Custom Custom
MedMos wrote: ↑29 May 22, 10:49 I'm also struggling to get any hobbying done, so much so that I'm now resigned to accepting that for this month I'm earning that other badge... Just been to busy and fighting a cold. Next month I shall persevere!
Its the best badge, trust me πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
MedMos liked this
Hobby Workshop