Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Demonstrations of skill, giveaways, maybe a game of bingo?
Requires 10 posts to participate.
  • No avatar

pawl #4825

Custom Custom Custom
laam999 wrote: ↑04 May 22, 00:13
pawl wrote:
laam999 wrote: ↑03 May 22, 20:17 I think I'll actually attempt a single model this month, I'm just not sure what yet.
I pledged more than I could handle it turns out. I gave myself 2 months and I'm less than halfway through, I'll prob work on something I feel like painting rather than grinding stuff out. No idea what that will be however. Can I pledge to paint a room in my house o.O? lol

Oof, keeping the Broken badge? Bold move!

I got some work done tonight, details here 😁
Yes, but only if you do it all with rattle cans and artist-sized brushes 😜
Hobby Workshop

laam999 #4826

Custom Custom Custom
I actually used my model paint in the last room room where the white wouldn't cover over patches of the previous dark colour.

As I'm sure you all have too I've spent time figuring the best white to cover black in the fewest coats so I used that to do the patches in a single coat lol.
MedMos liked this

pawl #4827

Custom Custom Custom
laam999 wrote: ↑06 May 22, 18:34 I actually used my model paint in the last room room where the white wouldn't cover over patches of the previous dark colour.

As I'm sure you all have too I've spent time figuring the best white to cover black in the fewest coats so I used that to do the patches in a single coat lol.
"The wallpaper is from B&Q, but the white is from Monument Hobbies" πŸ˜‚
the_real_iron_hand liked this

pawl #4829

Custom Custom Custom
the_real_iron_hand wrote: ↑07 May 22, 09:11 Finished ^^ had a goodish couple of days so here's my Soulmason as promised.

No messing about! πŸ’ͺ

I'm now (I think) about ready to prime, after which I'm fully expecting everything to start falling apart as I realise that I have no experience painting rust, no experience with chipping fluids, and generally no idea what I'm doing! 😁

pawl #4833

Custom Custom Custom
the_real_iron_hand wrote: ↑11 May 22, 10:53 You are singing the song of my people 🀣🀣
Tonight is the first real test! I want to put down another layer of varnish first, but we're moving onto the chipping phase! 🀐

James #4836

Custom Custom Custom
Finally got out of my painting hump and managed to start tackling this guy again.
Skintones mostly done. Tabard done. Bones somewhat done. Trying to just enjoy the process but he is a real pain.. Every time you start painting he'll surprise you with 'oh you didn't notice I had this extra horn here' πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Mostly happy with what's done though. Maybe be able to catch up and finish him this month.
MedMos liked this

pawl #4840

Custom Custom Custom
If you'd like we could 'helpfully' point out bits that you might have missed? 😁

How's everybody else getting on? Do we get a pledge from @laam999 this month? πŸ™‚
No avatar

MedMos #4844

Custom Custom
I've stalled out a little, due to housework. But I should still have time to finish my pledge, if I can get two solid sessions in before the end of the month!
Hobby Workshop