Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!
  • No avatar

zygmanufacture #4081

Hello,

I’ve been a part of the hobby for 29 years now (on and off). That was mostly GW stuff until a few years ago now I play and enjoy a range of games from different developers.

I never seem to have enough time, but I’d like to dedicate some this year to get my armies up and painted. Saw the link from another forum and thought I would check it out.

Other activities include standard reading, computer games and camping. Plus full contact medieval fighting.

Armies include the main one salamander’s and I dabble with Tau (I mainly like the aesthetics).

AOS Ogres and Lumineth

Hopefully speak to you soon!
Hobby Workshop

pawl #4082

Custom Custom Custom
Hey Zyg, and welcome! 😁

What other games have you branched into? I know that @James occasionally dabbles with other things.
I also love that you casually throw medieval fighting in too - you're definitely going to have to prove that one! πŸ˜‰

James #4083

Custom Custom Custom
Hey Zyg. Welcome in!

Full disclosure, although I dabble... I tend to just buy and then stick them on shelf πŸ˜‚ I am getting a fairly large board game collection though 😁

Is that the crazy medieval tournament fighting stuff, big in russia? A friend of mine was starting to get into that. Looks nuts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Are you a player of 40k too or just painter/collector?

zygmanufacture #4084

Hey Zyg, and welcome! 😁

What other games have you branched into? I know that @James occasionally dabbles with other things.
I also love that you casually throw medieval fighting in too - you're definitely going to have to prove that one!
What other games haven't I branched into! haha. To be fair the main ones are X-Wing, SAGA and I bought some stuff to start playing Gaslands. I've dabbled (or just bought stuff for) quite a lot of things but for whatever reason it doesn't always take off.

If you want a better understanding of the fighting search Buhurt on youtube :grinning:
Hey Zyg. Welcome in!

Full disclosure, although I dabble... I tend to just buy and then stick them on shelf πŸ˜‚ I am getting a fairly large board game collection though 😁

Is that the crazy medieval tournament fighting stuff, big in russia? A friend of mine was starting to get into that. Looks nuts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Are you a player of 40k too or just painter/collector?
That's cool I also have a few board games, but I definitely prefer the miniatures hobby I think.

Yes the fighting was started in Russia and those guys have been doing it for about 15 years, there is quite a big following in most countries now and every two years they hold a world championship.

I play, paint and collect, we are just trying to get back into Necromunda at the moment. My overall favourite GW game is probably Mordheim though.

James #4089

Custom Custom Custom
I'm sure we have a gaslands player here. β›½
I feel like we've had mention of Saga too πŸ€”πŸ€”

Feel free to share some snaps of these models πŸ˜‚

pawl #4096

Custom Custom Custom
James wrote: ↑17 Jan 22, 23:20 I'm sure we have a gaslands player here. β›½
I feel like we've had mention of Saga too πŸ€”πŸ€”

Feel free to share some snaps of these models πŸ˜‚
Gaslands is @Axineton I think πŸ™‚

Fairly certain Buhurt is what @Stephen was showing me on YT ages ago too - it's utterly insane, and you are a madman! πŸ˜‚
James liked this

Stephen #4126

pawl wrote: ↑19 Jan 22, 20:43 Fairly certain Buhurt is what @Stephen was showing me on YT ages ago too - it's utterly insane, and you are a madman! πŸ˜‚
It indeed was. Insanity is about the calmest word you could use for it. Blunt or not, I'm sure getting smashed in the face with a halberd is a less than enjoyable experience.
No avatar

MedMos #4185

Custom Custom
It sure looks mad! Didn't know it was called buhurt... But Gaslands player here as well, though I've only played against the kids so far. :grinning: And Necromunda, of course, so please come join me in that corner, Zygmanufacture!
Hobby Workshop