Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!
  • No avatar

the_real_iron_hand #3916

Custom Custom
Hi everyone o/

My name is Heather, also known as @the_real_iron_hand on Instagram or @realironhand on Twitter. You can probably guess which chapter I collect 😏

I am an upper limb amputee courtesy of an unplanned dismount off my motorbike caused by an aggregates lorry back in 2014. Unfortunately it was my dominant arm that ended up permanently paralysed (and amputated 5 years later) so I've had to teach myself to paint using the wrong hand which has been an exercise in frustration but I'm getting there.

Along with the Iron Hands I also have a small force of Guardians of the Covenant (Dark Angels successors) and a homebrew chapter called the Tempered Sons (Salamanders successors).

I have far too much in my Pile of Opportunities to list but I'll be focusing on AdMech, GSC, and the Dominion/Cursed City/Kill Team boxes that have built up while I haven't been able to paint (had spinal surgery and moved house recently).

Cheers!
Stephen, MedMos liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3917

Custom Custom Custom
(fly-by post while I'm in work!)
Heyhey! Glad to see you over here! =] I've seen your work on Twitter and the DRPA, and I have to say that despite the difficulties you must have had your work is superb!

As you've probably seen we're a small community still over here, but I've not been shouting about us too much because until recently I've still been building things and trying to make them actually work! 😅
the_real_iron_hand liked this

Stephen #3918

Welcome!

Just this second had a quick flick through your Instagram and there is some fantastic stuff on there, and the occasional furry friend will always garner some karma from me! In all seriousness its very impressive and I should count myself lucky that I still suck at painting with both hands, I will have to try much much harder.

Anyone with DA and Salamanders is a friend of mine!

Looking forward to seeing what you post, I will no doubt end up asking you some questions to further my own experience :grinning:

James #3921

Custom Custom Custom
Hey welcome in!!!

Although another dark angels fan.... 😂😂 Are we going to have change the name of this forum.
Look forward to seeing your work ☺️

RZA #4246

Custom
Welcome to the group. I feel you on the difficulties accidents caused, I was paralyzed from the waist up for 47 days from a sports injury. Your work is absolutely stunning, glad to have in the community. o7

laam999 #4249

Custom Custom Custom
Welcome, I've just looked at the stuff in your website and well done! That's some seriously impressive stuff.

Hope you find it nice here (I'm new myself to this forum)
No avatar

Mechanicuss #4312

That’s pretty bad ass
Hobby Workshop