Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!

Cswitheyjr #3718

Custom Custom
Good afternoon! I am fairly new to Warhammer 40k and have just started collecting. Got the Recruit Edition box some time back and painted some of my first minis with that set. Since then have selected the Black Templars as my Chapter of choice and since changed the color scheme of my Intercessors. I also plan to start painting the Black Templars in the box set once I am more comfortable with my skills. Anyhow thanks for the invite and hope to chat with all of yall soon!
Hobby Workshop

James #3719

Custom Custom Custom
Welcome in @Cswitheyjr !!
Awesome you've got into the hobby. As they say... Say goodbye to all your disposable income πŸ˜‚
Templars look a great choice. There new models are pretty awesome.

Is games workshop completely new for you or just 40k ☺️
Cswitheyjr liked this

Cswitheyjr #3720

Custom Custom
Games Workshop and 40K are both new to me. I play DnD normally but found this interesting as I kinda like Space Marines in general (whether it be Starship Troopers, StarCraft, ect).

James #3721

Custom Custom Custom
Oh awesome. I used to play alot of dnd. Since 3.5 edition. Played a few others too like cyberpunk, merps and paranoia.
I think one thing that really sets 40k especially apart is the lore. I'd definitely recommend getting into the books. I would personally really recommend giving gaunts ghosts a read. That series is amazing and really will immerse you into 40k πŸ˜‚ the Horus Heresy books are good but more of an investment timewise and I would say can be hit or miss later in the series.
What in particular interests you in 40k is it lore, painting, collecting, playing? Or all of the above ha

Cswitheyjr #3722

Custom Custom
Playing and lore. Collecting is meh for me unless it is something to add to my army specifically. The game is also fun to play, reminds me of XCom in some ways.
James liked this

pawl #3724

Custom Custom Custom
Hey hey!
You'll have to get some Templar photos up. =] I'm still convinced the new sculpts would work better being converted into Dark Angels though!

What @James said though - the Horus heresy series is huge (I'm on book 22 I think currently, with at least as many more to go), but I've not found many duds yet. The Gaunt's Ghosts novels I still need to go back to, but the Eisenhorn series & Ravenor series are also both worth looking at.
James liked this

Cswitheyjr #3728

Custom Custom
I will have to look into those. Was considering picking the Flesh Tearers as my Chapter of choice but the idea of endlessly crusading against the enemies of the Imperium was too good to pass up. I will post pics as soon as I start the paint process (probably gonna start with the Redemptor Dreadnought)

pawl #3729

Custom Custom Custom
I've seen your test models too, and we would be happy to give pointers based on them too πŸ™‚

Stephen #3853

Welcome @Cswitheyjr !

I too share you fondness of slaughtering the enemies of the Emperor, and looking good while doing it!

I myself have not painted in years and in the new year I intend on once again picking up a brush, so be prepared to see some crayon-esque painting. I look forward to seeing what you produce :grinning:
Hobby Workshop