Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
The Space Marines fear no Evil for we are Fear Incarnate!

James #358

Custom Custom Custom
Didn't look that way from the pics mate!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ highlighting looked on point!!

A nice mix of browns and reds would look really good actually and less like corn flakes ๐Ÿคฃ
Hobby Workshop

pawl #359

Custom Custom Custom
It could do with being a bit finer I think. Would help if I could find a paint colour that wasn't such a sharp highlight too.
When I start spending money on basing materials I'm going to see what I can find ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Any joy with wolfie?

James #366

Custom Custom Custom
What paint colours are you using for it?

No he's back on the back burner now. Going to try and get the necromunda guys finished before the end of the month if I can!

pawl #369

Custom Custom Custom
Army painter black spray. P3 Beaten Purple (2 to 3 layers for even coverage). Citadel Genestealer Purple highlights.

Tried Xereus Purple, but it's too close to the Beaten Purple to notice it as a highlight. Might pick up some Pink Horror and see how that comes out, but I think it might be too red. If I could find a tone between the Beaten and Genestealer I'd be happy - don't want to custom mix every time because it wouldn't be consistent. Might end up having to get an empty pot though, because I think that it's a bit too sharp as it is.

Fair enough! Do miss being able to tinker with various things all day ๐Ÿ˜‚

James #376

Custom Custom Custom
Genestealer purple is one of my favourite paints. How do you find p3 I've not used them. I've got first secret weapon paint coming from wayland at some point. Curious to see what it's like.

Makes sense if your going to painting a full army of them u don't wana have to match it every time. Have you checked gws range? They have about 30 for each colour now. Sneaky!!!

pawl #379

Custom Custom Custom
One day I might even use it for its intended purpose ๐Ÿ˜‚
I can't say I've heard much about them, but until recently I'd never bought anything that wasn't GW or Vallejo!
I rather like them. They're pop-tops, kind of like the Citadel range from the '90s with the white tops, so you get the occasional thumb-smudge opening them, but I've had no issues. Coverage is as good as I've found elsewhere, and they had a shade of purple that I wanted so I was sold!

GW don't have anything between Genestealer and Xereus, the latter of which is too close to Beaten Purple to use. I'll spend some time doing some sprue tests when I next get my gear out and see where I end up.

Glorfindle #4003

Long time wolves player here :) I like him, as Pawl has suggested though he is a bit barren of wolfiness. But that's not a bad thing, too many players now think that every single miniature needs to be dripping in fur. I would personally just add a wolf tail to the bottom of his bolter or a necklace like on the primaris Ragnar mini, and if your green stuff skills are upto it, fill out his mutton chops to a full on beard. Then I would just paint some runes onto his armour to distinguish him from the rest of the pack if needed.

-Edit, i didn't see the whole of page two, nor the date, I'm new here. sorry. :)

James #4009

Custom Custom Custom
Haha dont worry.

You will be sad learn I flogged my wolves army!!! They were cool I was just never going to get around to them. Did enjoy sculpting the odd pelt for them tho haha.

RZA #4100

Custom
I changed out my Intercessors that I painted the same as my Space wolves to a Blood Angels Color scheme. I like how they have turned out. Got three dreadnoughts ordered canโ€™t wait to build them.
James liked this

RZA #4120

Custom
Got a Furiouso, a Death Company & a Librarian Drednoughts on their way
James liked this
Hobby Workshop