Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
The Space Marines fear no Evil for we are Fear Incarnate!

James #324

Custom Custom Custom
Just had a look at tutorial and blue stuff does look really good. Does anywhere offer a cheaper version that you know of?
Hobby Workshop

pawl #330

Custom Custom Custom
I've not seen anywhere selling it outside of GSW, by which I mean Element and Wayland don't have it πŸ˜‚

James #332

Custom Custom Custom
Haha I feel you. Have you ordered from gsw? Wasn't sure if it would take forever to get here as it's not UK based is it?
I'd also like the green stuff rollers and they've got some super cool random stuff like spider webbing u can shoot out of airbrush MENTAL!

pawl #338

Custom Custom Custom
I haven't yet, but there's some things I would like to pick up eventually. GSW are in Spain I think, so postage shouldn't be that bad. I had some stuff from the Army Painter guys in NL, and postage only took a few days. That's post-lockdown by the way.

Saw their video on the spider webbing stuff - it's cool but useless for me! Spent ages going through their site though, some really impressive stuff. Might get one of their leaf-punches.

James #342

Custom Custom Custom
Did not know army painter were from NL. I like their brushes and I've got their wet palette. I'm not huge fan of the paints. Seem very thick.

Not seen the leaf punches.. I'll take a look. I was in awe of the led paint stuff so you can have light up stuff on your models. Nuts.

pawl #343

Custom Custom Custom
I've also started using their brushes - like the feel, and they seem to hold a good point. Wet palette does the job, but I think they could improve on the design a little. Not tried their paints, but their primer spray (the black at least) is perfectly acceptable.

Check this thread out. Solid painting, and a perfect example of one of their leaf punches in use.

James #346

Custom Custom Custom
I've recently bought a rosemary and co pure sable brush. A knock off version of the super expensive newton and Windsor stuff not used it yet but does look like it's going to be great.

That's quite impressive... altho the colour made me think it was bits of corn flakes at first

pawl #348

Custom Custom Custom
I've considered more expensive brushes, but to be honest I don't think it's worth the money given my skill level! πŸ˜‚

They do pre-cut in a few colours, or the punches that you can use your own leaves for. Puppets War sell them too I've just found out, and also the blue stuff, but no stock currently - https://puppetswar.eu/accessories/hobby ... -bars.html

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ might just be because leaves are quite uncommon as a basing material. Personally I think they look ace!

James #351

Custom Custom Custom
The work you posted on the dark angels successors looked pretty hardcore. Defo ready for next level brushes πŸ˜‚

They've got some cool stuff on there... I'd like to see some dark brown or green leaves!

pawl #354

Custom Custom Custom
I've got a long way to go yet, my fine-detail control (for line highlighting when I can't use the word of a brush, or eye lenses for example) is truly awful! πŸ˜‚

I'm strongly considering using some (or buying a punch) for my Marines. Think autumn colours would probably work alright. =]
Hobby Workshop