Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For whatever doesn't belong anywhere else.
  • No avatar
No avatar

ldubya344 #3414

Hi Guys,
thought I would start this thread to see what you guys use for objective markers?
In 8th Ed I used to use the GW coins you got at Warhammer World, but with the update to 40mm, I decided to do something a little different.
What do you guys use?
Hobby Workshop
No avatar

ldubya344 #3415

Mine are all 3D objective markers as I love how it adds a bit more tactical thought rather than you just plonking your model on top of a coin.
My little family of objective markers are growing, currently 2 Dwarfs (because I absolutely love dwarfs) and Celenia's Sarcophagus, which is a themed battle sister marker.
I will also be working on a shrine for my Battle Sisters in the coming months.

James #3416

Custom Custom Custom
Very nice. How do they scale with sisters of battle? I definitely agree nicer to have stuff that isnt a coin!
I had some 3d printed coins but felt they were uninspiring. So a friend wanted me to do the ogroid for him (pictured in my avatar) and in exchange he bought me these 3d printed planty things! I guess i see these fitting well in any environment as a 40k death world plant on somewhre like "murder" or wouldbe fine in a fantasy environment.
Weve only done smaller battles so havent needed to use the larger ones which are slightly bigger than a primaris marine.
How do you use them in terms of blocking los etc? Do you give them actual terrain stats?
Hobby Workshop