Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!
  • No avatar

James #3205

Custom Custom Custom
I would probably say easier. You dont need to varnish. Its not toxic (relatively to enamels). Quicker drying time. Also i guess more paint colour selection. As with all things a combination is good but im glad i got them.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3214

Custom Custom Custom
The lack of varnish is certainly a bonus. Might be something I should look into. Am I right in saying you can thin with iso?

James #3218

Custom Custom Custom
Not sure. I got winsor and newton sansodor which is an oil paint retarder I think. I didnt research into what other stuff could be used really and just went for the recommended stuff, well the stuff the guy used in that 30k dark angel vid. I got my bits from jacksons art supplies. Worked out around the cheapest.

Worth noting. You'll get better capillary action from varnishing but i managed to do what i intended fine without it there.
No avatar

ldubya344 #3278

sorry about the delay in response guys,
I have some raging heroes which i use for my inquisitorial retinue (my Battle Sister cannoness manefested a physkic ability so an inquisitor picked her up before she would be burnt as a heretic.

That centrepeice is due in a couple of weeks. printed for £50 not including the base (which i dont want anyways) so a good deal! :-D
No avatar

ldubya344 #3279

pawl wrote:Where do you go for prints @ldubya344? In the near future I've got some KS STL files on the way, but no printer.
Certainly an impressive piece though, will make a nice photo backdrop if nothing else.

As easy as working with enamels James?
Hi Pawl, I use a guy on facebook called Nemian Forge, He is a really good guy, i actually sort of convinced him to start his own business. i often send him the files i collect, so he has a large library at the moment, and ever growing.

https://www.facebook.com/NemianForge

pawl #3298

Custom Custom Custom
Ta very much! When my stuff comes through (and I have some money again!) I'll see what they think. =]
ldubya344 liked this
Hobby Workshop