Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!
  • No avatar

James #3126

Custom Custom Custom
Finished these last week but ive been waiting to try and solve the lighting issues for my light tent but a local flgs comp has forced my hand to one decent pic in!
I will get some better ones once I've got my lighting sorted!
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3155

Custom Custom Custom
8/10, second place. 😜

James #3157

Custom Custom Custom
Im forever second. I feel like Jan Ullrich to Lance Armstrong. I just need the winners to be drug shamed 😂

Thanks guys.

James #3254

Custom Custom Custom
Ok, got off my butt now my "instagram" light has arrived and got the light tent on!!
Pharia, DW1986 liked this
No avatar

Pharia #3257

Very nice! They look awesome. Good job
James liked this

pawl #3258

Custom Custom Custom
Quite like the softer lighting actually, would be interesting to see what a picture backdrop and some terrain or something would look like. There's a couple where the lack of over-all focus is slightly annoying but I think these have come out rather well!

Have you tried playing with different light combinations or setups at all?

James #3259

Custom Custom Custom
As in from the original pics?
Im still kinda playing around with dlsr to try and get it right. I've overdarkened this abit so it hides the lightbox folds and what have you. It could stand to be a little brighter without ruining the effect.
Those are more or less the only cool light solutions i have currently. Warm lights look awful!!
The new box would have space for terrain but currently i dont really have any decent plastic terrain and the mdf stuff may look abit rubbish!

pawl #3262

Custom Custom Custom
Like I remember the original pictures! 😂 I was thinking some sort of nondescript 40k artwork, darkened and blurred. Not too dissimilar from how they've done official photos in the past.

Definitely avoid warm light! If you've not already you should look up Garfy's photography on Tale of Painters - it's almost better than his painting!

James #3287

Custom Custom Custom
Got any examples?

Whats the linky 🤣
Hobby Workshop