Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!
Hobby Workshop

James #3064

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks karak!

Managed to get some more in this evening!
Some weird fleshy growths and pock marks
Nurgle belly with intestines
Intestines yet to be covered by skin.
Sutures, to be finished once dried.
Cape.. Its ok! Was really painful to get it even to there, and its not great. But itll do for a first go.
Skull
Hoods
Some more successful than others but not bad!!

Karak Norn Clansman #3066

All look good! Will you try a little stretched daemonflesh as on the Hellcannon between some armour plates? Perhaps between a shoulder pad and elbow guard or torso armour? Stretched skin look best when it's not thick and only narrow in width.

I'm a diehard fan of the Chaos Dwarf hellcannon and always loot it for visual ideas. :grin:

James #3069

Custom Custom Custom
Id love to try @Karak Norn Clansman ! Got a screenshot of which bit you mean? I had a look and i got distracted by all the demonic head shapes 🤣

James #3084

Custom Custom Custom
Fixed a few more bits i was 100% on
Generally added more tentacles where they felt bare.
Think im done! Also put plastic putty in the backpack gaps. So i think they'll be ready for undercoat tomorow! Move them on the trello board yay.

Karak Norn Clansman #3107

Nice progress!

Colour me surprised to find that there are almost no good pictures on the web of the Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon's large wheel without the Chaos star attached. The great details are in there, and I'm well familiar with them. The stretched skin is like on the older Chaos Obliterators, but far more tastefully done. It is not stretched over flat surfaces, but applied in corners and stretching between cogwheels and different components.

This is the best picture of the Hellcannon's large wheel's interior without Chaos star attached.

James #3108

Custom Custom Custom
I can just about make it out 😀 and yes a more tasteful obliterator style is really cool.
I've undercoated these guys now so will have to be something for the next project. Fear not there will be many 😀
Have you been doing any modelling lately?

James #3112

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to get base coat and undercoat down.
Will be a slight mix of different shifter tones underneath the black armour thats yet to go on.
pawl liked this

James #3231

Custom Custom Custom
Chipping done. Didnt really notice a difference between the new humbrol liquid mask and the vallejo. Does seem thicker though.
N.b. these are still in the look terrible phase.
Pharia liked this

pawl #3247

Custom Custom Custom
Results about as expected I think, no? =]
Hobby Workshop