Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!
  • No avatar

slybobs7 #3188

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Canada and I am in a clan with Pawl on the lost crusade.
I've only been into warhammer for about a year now, but I have played a few games with family and friends (still learning). I chose to start with Dark Angels and have been slowly painting up the plethora of models I have already accumulated. I have also built (not painted or played) Orks, Eldari, Guard, Death Guard and Necrons. These are probably my best painted guys, but I know there's much to learn.

Hobby Workshop
No avatar

Pharia #3191

Welcome :D

James #3193

Custom Custom Custom
Welcome in SlyBob!
I think you may be our first member from across the pond πŸ˜€
Is that lionel Johnson i see? Hardcore πŸ˜‚

pawl #3196

Custom Custom Custom
Hey Sly! =]

That's a solid collection for a year's work! What have you picked up for the other factions? Our brothers in the first always need xenos to kill 😁

You should have a welcome PM (if you're on mobile, menu top right, then click your name) with some details, but it looks like you've got an idea of what you're doing!

slybobs7 #3210

The knight I bought but was gifted a paint job so the works not mine but everything else there was built and painted by me. Lots of stuff are work in progress, and I went on a COVID building spree, I was trying to work on some tanks but my last Caliban green spray ran out, I'm going to try the army painter Angel green as a replacement see if its close. Other then that my back log of building is some start collecting tempests, the bunker, 2 land speeders and something else that's not coming to me. I think I went a little crazy buying things due to reading the Horus Hersy series, just finishing up book 28 now Scars. I've also gone throu the Eisenhorn series so he might pop up sooner or later too.

Anyways enjoy my poor photography from the north!

pawl #3213

Custom Custom Custom
Oh wow, that's a solid amount of plastic for a single year! :astonished: Any ideas for how you'll be doing the non-DA stuff?

As for the sprays I can't say I have first hand knowledge, but I've heard the AP sprays are slightly more matte than Citadel's (not an issue if you varnish anyway), and that Angel Green is just a fraction lighter than Caliban Green - not enough to notice unless you were comparing.
The AP range has the advantage that their bottles are an almost perfect match to their cans (which isn't something that Citadel can always claim), which makes touch-ups very easy. =]

slybobs7 #3223

So far no concert plans, but
necrons im thinking classic grey maybe bronze
orcs i know the colour makes them different so ya
eldar i was thinking red
the guard I was going to paint them like dark angels and make them a custom unit that helps the dark angels hunt the fallen (of course they don't know they hunting fallen) so Dark green armour with red guns, maybe something tan thats related to deathwing
and then the tempest guys i do want to do as the dark teal. I have the contrast paint ready for that when i get around to them

When starting I love space marines but I loved the guard tanks. So i want to play a game when im better with space marines with guard tanks backing them up.
My 1 Brother play with my deathguard, other plays tyranids and my friend plays Mechanicus

pawl #3226

Custom Custom Custom
Get some topics made up mate, you know where the faction forums are! 😁
In particular we need to talk about your guard, and how closely you want to stick to the canon - it's technically against the 'rules' for the Astartes to have their own secondary armies (due to the ban on Legion-building that half of them secretly ignore), but there is kind of ways around it.

For your mechanised elements you're going to want to have a chat with @Lovecraft0110, too - he can teach you plenty about making them look suitably used! 😁

James #3233

Custom Custom Custom
Wow impressive collection πŸ˜‚ someone who managed to buy more than me or pawl last year or me and pawl combined πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
You're safe here brother πŸ˜‚

slybobs7 #3234

I went a little crazy, but the wife was ok with it! but its time to slow down even though im eyeing the new speeder and darkshroud./
Hobby Workshop