Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
The Space Marines fear no Evil for we are Fear Incarnate!

James #258

Custom Custom Custom
Just been getting the bits for this guy in place!! But quite excited to get him done at some point in the next decade.... I've also got a drinking horn for him but will probably look to attach later.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #262

Custom Custom Custom
A decade is better than never! 😂

I'm liking where you're at! Is the base custom, or have you just cut into it? I would maybe see if you can't give him a touch more in the way of pelts or trinkets though - he looks a tiny bit bare for a captain!

I'm also interested to know if that's the only horn you get for the SW, as I was looking at modifying that exact piece for my standard bearers as a horn to call engagement!

James #266

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah I feel like he needs abit more wolfiness for a captain. I've done some green stuff wolf pelt modelling before so I may do that on his bare shoulder arm.
Yeah base is custom it's resin rando base off eBay and then I found the pillars from a 3d printer guy off eBay. I got them for my inceptors originally!
It was the only horn I found in my bits searching!

pawl #291

Custom Custom Custom
Always love to see a nicely sculpted pelt, but I would be worried about it catching fire on the jetpack!

Ah okay, didn't know if there was somewhere I'd not seen. I always find that third party bases look good, but end up too repetitive because the ranges are too small.
That's a bugger. Did a bit of looking around, and there seems to be surprisingly few usable horns, even in the AoS range.

James #298

Custom Custom Custom
Haha maybe just over the shoulders!

Have you had a look at kromlech? They do all sorts of interesting bits and pieces - 40kesque and aos

pawl #301

Custom Custom Custom
Perhaps covering the top/back of the jetpack, away from the exhausts?

I've bounced around a few different manufacturers, yeah. Not bought anything (yet) as I don't yet have proper need, but I've no doubt it's going to happen!
I've got a few saved in a note so that I can try to compile a list of the better companies, but that's work for another day!

James #303

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah that sounds good. I've got some unbuilt fenris wolves that I'm gna make a mould from and then should be able to make it! I'll keep you posted

pawl #308

Custom Custom Custom
These guys?

The texture is nice (always good to see them paying attention to the changes in the fur too!) but I don't know how well it would mould. Can't hurt to try the blue stuff though!
How did your previous sculpts come out?

James #309

Custom Custom Custom

These are some I did by hand a while back on primaris.

Yeah those are the wolves. I've not tried to make a cast before but I was thinking roll out some.green stuff then imprint the wolf into it. Let it dry and then you can put green stuff into it to make wolf fur?

pawl #311

Custom Custom Custom
Looks like that would paint up alright!

I think that's basically it, yeah. Something to stop it sticking, let it cure enough to keep its shape and then flatten. However everyone at the minute seems to be using this stuff, apparently it works much better for 1 and 2-piece moulds.
Hobby Workshop