Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Dawn of War, Pokémon Go! or Ticket to Ride - whatever you're playing when you're not at the tabletop!

pawl #1544

Custom Custom Custom
Sounds like a plan to me mate! Assuming that work and life commitments allow 😜😂
Hobby Workshop

Axineton #3026

Finally finished cyberpunk 2077 or gone as far as I can be arsed now. Got to say the story was amazing but man those bugs and it making my PS4 Pro sound like an aeroplane was just diabolical. There’s nothing else I want to play now until I get a PS5.

James #3030

Custom Custom Custom
I heard a friend saying the bugs were bad but i guess if you've completed it, they were manageable. Whats the verdict then? As good as the hype?

Stephen #3054

Axineton wrote: 18 Feb 21, 17:49 Finally finished cyberpunk 2077 or gone as far as I can be arsed now. Got to say the story was amazing but man those bugs and it making my PS4 Pro sound like an aeroplane was just diabolical. There’s nothing else I want to play now until I get a PS5.
I'm luckily embedded with some really good guys, and got hold of a Day0 crack for CB2077. Havent played enough yet but I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and in my case the bugs are easily overlooked because the game was free :P I am also playing it on PC so its a little more stable than what I'm hearing about console versions

Axineton #3058

Story is excellent but I just don’t like how much was actually cut from the game. This was probably the most ambitious game of all time and honestly we’re not at a level of technology in my opinion for what cdpr wanted for this. I think we’re still about 10yrs out. It’s a shame cos this really could of been the greatest game of all time I reckon.
James liked this

pawl #3061

Custom Custom Custom
What exactly was cut due to technological shortcomings?

I read/watched this recently, and I was blown away. Both by what modern computing is capable of, but also by what last-gen programmers would capable of doing with then-modern hardware.

That said, video game programmers are rather well known for using 'impossible' methods to get around hardware limitations - see Quake 3 maths and Atari madness, or how 8-bit programmers would do things like create bosses out of background tiles so that they could use a bigger colour palette than their systems technically supported!

Axineton #3067

They wanted you to be able to go in to every building in the game, also there were meant to be 9 choices at the start instead of 3 and they all had their own paths and story. Once you’ve done the first hour no matter what class you chose the story is the same. The map was meant to be bigger I believe too. Oh and the braindances (virtual reality gimmick in the game) were all meant to be watchable and doable. You can only do the story ones of which there’s about 4.

pawl #3149

Custom Custom Custom
Didn't Saints Row (or something similar) have a totally open map, with no loading screens for buildings, like ten plus years ago? Not saying that the two games are comparable, mind.
Having not read into 2077 at all, I assume that the issues are the same on current-gen? Maybe something that can be addressed in patches?

Axineton #3175

I have no clue about saints row as I never played any of them games. They’re working on fixes but it’ll never be as great as they wanted it originally.

pawl #3198

Custom Custom Custom
Give the PC modding community a few years and I'm sure they can fix it up, if the Bethesda lot are anything to go by anyway!
Hobby Workshop