Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
WW2, D&D, Airfix, whatever floats your (model) boat!

James #2955

Custom Custom Custom
Finally got off my butt and actually had a look at all this!
So we have the two player starter set, the faeries expansion and a free tree!
Not a huge amount in the box but what is there is pretty and well made.
Onto the main event the minis.
Actually really impressed here. The detail is pretty incredible.

The ones that are really looking good to me on sprue are beaky Bobby and the guy with the rifle!
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2978

Custom Custom Custom
They look very sharp, and remarkably clean too. It doesn't look like there's much flash but I can't see enough to say the same for mould lines?
Have you got yourself a saw yet? Some of those gates look like they might be a bit big for a pair of clippers!

James #2989

Custom Custom Custom
I think theres barely any mould lines at all. Very nicely casted, few flash bits but overall its excellent.

Gates? Is that the name for the slotta base bits? Well they are supposed to fit in the aforementioned bases so.. I'll probs dry fit them in the base and see if ok before i do anything crazy 😬🤓

pawl #2992

Custom Custom Custom
Quick once over with a stiff brush and you're golden!

No, the pouring gate is the round bit that connects to the model - literally the hole in the mould where they pour the resin in.
Fairly certain leaky has said that with bigger gates you can end up damaging clippers even though the resin can be quite soft, so you're better off with a razor saw. Having no firsthand resin experience I obviously have no idea. 😂

James #2996

Custom Custom Custom
So these bits?
Never heard the term before.
Will a file be a good razor saw replacement 🤣

pawl #2997

Custom Custom Custom
That's the one!

Quick search have this: not perfect for the subject but close enough.

So you should actually get away with clippers (this looks to be much smaller than in the video), but you can see how much pressure it took!

James #3005

Custom Custom Custom
Looks good. Are those saws much use for other stuff youve seen?

pawl #3006

Custom Custom Custom
I'm fairly certain you can get through metal with them, but I've mostly seen them used for resin I think.

If you weren't sure with just the clippers you could probably thin it down a bit first with a blade and then clip.
James liked this
Hobby Workshop