Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #3003

Custom Custom Custom
Finished this dude this evening. Definitely a quicker one which has been a challenge but i think its worked and i might go for this scheme for my possessed 😀
And i can move the mini to done on my new paint trello board!
DW1986 liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3022

Custom Custom Custom
Do you not own a pin vice sir? 😜

It might be quick but I think it's effective. =] it looks like you got to grips with the oils pretty quickly, and I particularly like the skulls and the severed heads 😁

Anything you would do differently if you carried it on to the possessed?

James #3023

Custom Custom Custom
Haha i should have censored that bit. Cant believe i forgot it when i was doing all the converting 🤣

Yeah i think id like to make the oil brown abit more obvious, cant really see it in those pics. So i think thats all id do differently for the possessed. I could do different shifter paint potentially? Have a mix of them. But not sure if would look dumb.

Yeah my skull game is good i feel, struggled with the bones coming out of his shoulder pad though. Severed heads is wash wash city and just seems to end up looking right. Tends to be reikland, drucchi and then nuln. But ends up working well on a small scale. As soon as i try do on a bigger thing it looks naff.

Thanks for the kind words on the lens too 😁 quite enjoy eyes and lens now.

pawl #3034

Custom Custom Custom
It's easy enough to do still, just needs a spot of silver to cover up the rim.

Is it just the photos, or is it the same in person? If the latter I'm sure you could add a little more when you're doing the possessed.
Different shifters as in a different one for each model, or a mix on them all? Either way I wouldn't say no!

The skulls are perhaps a little smoother, but there's nothing wrong with the shoulder. You might consider using the oils in future though?
I'll keep that in mind next time I've got a severed head lying around 😂

The question is whether you can replicate the lens effect on an Astartes helmet. If so then I'll not be happy! 😂

James #3035

Custom Custom Custom
I could do. But im lazy and hes already marked as done on trello 😜😜

Its more the photos i think. But i would like it to show a little better than it does atm, more like the pics from the DA tutorial.

I was thinking different shifter on each. Think grimdark former power rangers 🤣

I could give it a go yeah. Maybe need a test model for that tho. Definitely curious to try out more oil stuff and i got the viridian hue one to try verdigris. Thought it could be quite good for that.

Haha hmm i think if access to the eyes is unrestricted id have a shot 🤣
Hobby Workshop