Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.
  • No avatar
No avatar

ldubya344 #2958

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all having a good monday!

Im a little unsure with this so i thought i would start a thread so we can all have a chat about this.

Does anyone recommend where i could buy a Battle Mat from?

Im looking for a black and grey battle mat which is either a city layout or a burnt ashen wasteland. 4x4 in size.
Ideally i would like it to be mousemat material but happy to go with a different sort if its much cheaper.

Biggest issue is that i dont really want to spend £40 on a battle mat which isnt really what i want, plus for £40 i would rather just buy more minis.
I appreciate that spending the £40 now, means i will have something for years but it just seems like a lot of cash for not a lot really. i dont know if im looking in the wrong place or i just need to man up and pay the money.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop

James #2961

Custom Custom Custom
Weirdly I've been looking at the same stuff today!
I think element games looks to have some of the cheapest (and if you use the link through the forum it'll put some money into the upkeep of the site ^^).

As you say id really wana keep it cheap. One thing im trying to keep an eye on is facebook marketplace or similar. Ive got no issue with 2nd hand stuff, use eBay for alot of my minis so why not use it for terrain.

Then the other issue ive got it what size do i get 🤔 ideally 6x4 but then i cant actually use a table that big currently and playing on the floor will kill my back for sure.
3x3 would suit a table i have and new game moonstone... but then is it going to be a ballache for anything else to use it for 😬 hard to know.

Edit:
There is diy vids on it. Using cloth and builders caulk stuff. But i wonder if cost would get high eventually for it to not look naff and i dont know if youd be able to get a nice rollable one or whatever.
No avatar

ldubya344 #2964

@James

I agree, talking about Element Games i think ive found one which i will be picking up on payday i think, since they are on back order.

Think this will go quite well with my battle sisters :grinning:

https://elementgames.co.uk/wargames-and ... -4x4-cloth

What is the best way to get it through the site? is there a code or anything?

James #2965

Custom Custom Custom
That looks like a nice mat. Tempted myself!!

I think you just use the link through the forum. @pawl any codes your aware of?

pawl #2966

Custom Custom Custom
ldubya344 wrote: 15 Feb 21, 14:08 @James

I agree, talking about Element Games i think ive found one which i will be picking up on payday i think, since they are on back order.

Think this will go quite well with my battle sisters :grinning:

What is the best way to get it through the site? is there a code or anything?
Both are good but I prefer the second. =]

Use one of the banners (bottom of the page, or between first and second post). Also, if you fancy double the reward points use the code in my signature in the 'coupon' box. =]
(yes I know, I'm breaking my own rules 😂)
No avatar

ldubya344 #2967

@James @pawl

I have clicked on that but it points me towards the element games GW page, which im happy to use, but would rather know 100% that im supporting the page rather than thinking but having done something wrong.

Also double points does sound tasty 😝

pawl #2968

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah, I sent it there just because that's what most users would be heading for - it'll still know you've come from here. It just adds a cookie - so long as you don't have somebody else's saved it'll work. =]

The extra 1% does add up if you're anything like me and go through phases of trying to buy everything you can see 😂

Axineton #3027

I can’t recommend gamemat.eu enough. They do excellent mats for pretty much everything.
pawl, ldubya344 liked this

James #3102

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to just win one of these from eBay 😁
https://geekvillain.co.uk/collections/f ... ds-of-time
For £25 delivered!
Now to figure out how i can enlarge the table 🤔
Update:
Its not quite what i expected. Its actually like a fleece material not like a mouse mat. But its still pretty sweet. The advantage for me is that you can fold this effectively etc so you can make it fit more than jsut 6x4 tables..so ill be able to use for moonstone and smaller tables etc.

James #3178

Custom Custom Custom
Tested it out this evening. And despite initial reservations im thoroughly impressed.
It really is like anti slide material.. especially considering its on a glass table..
And it even survived the bio titan assault.
pawl, ldubya344 liked this
Hobby Workshop