Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!
  • No avatar

pawl #2928

Custom Custom Custom
I don't know about LW but DW is definitely old enough to appreciate pewter models, and everyone should regard a metal dreadnought with equal amounts of fear and respect! πŸ˜‚
James liked this
Hobby Workshop

DW1986 #2932

Custom
@ldubya344 has a few metal midget sisters actually! I think they are on borrowed time though haha

@pawl I still remember my first lead terminator that never stood up and I was afraid to touch cos mum told me I'd get lead poisoning πŸ˜‚
Last edited by pawl on 14 Feb 21, 11:52, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Double post

pawl #2934

Custom Custom Custom
I've just looked it up, and apparently they didn't stop using lead until '97, which means I definitely have some in my collection!
No avatar

ldubya344 #2935

@pawl @DW1986

I do have some metal sisters, I still love them, but due to the not having backpacks, as they are mad expensive and the general scale difference, Dan is totally correct, they are indeed on borrowed time.
Currently they are primarily used as a barebones unit inside my immolator as additional upfield support.
I will take a picture of them in a bit and attach it. They where easy to paint, although I barely gave them much effort.

DW1986 #2936

Custom
@ldubya344 they certainly are tough ladies though! Walking around with no backpacks for air filtration, especially around my stinky bois πŸ˜‚

pawl #2944

Custom Custom Custom
If they used standard SM backpacks you do sometimes see them going cheap on eBay, but anything to do with classic SoB seems to go for silly money. I assume the current plastic range doesn't work due to scale? Not actually seen a side-by-side.

Also I could be wrong but I think the air purifiers are meant to be in the helmet, fairly certain the backpack used to be purely power. So they're just walking around in half-tonne suit of armour without any power-assistance. πŸ˜‚
ldubya344 liked this
No avatar

ldubya344 #2957

@pawl
Nahh its different back packs from what i have seen, it is also a different scale to the current plasic models. they went from a 20mm base to a 32mm Base. so significant increase, apolgoies, i will get around to shareing a picture with you all hopefully tonight! keep forgetting haha!
No avatar

ldubya344 #2969

Finally got round to uploading these! :joy:

James #2970

Custom Custom Custom
Still look good but yes far too small!!!
I just sold most of the bits from the original sob boxset that was released in the 90s. Got around 50 for it which i was happy with. Been sat in a box for 25 years lol

pawl #2981

Custom Custom Custom
Wow, Sisters got Primaris'd! :astonished:
ldubya344 liked this
Hobby Workshop