Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

DW1986 #2658

Custom
As the Death Guard Chaos Lord HQ option is now much more viable thanks to the new codex, I decided to raid the bits box to make one 😁 The main body is a plague marine champ, balesword arm comes from the plague surgeon, backpack from the malignant plaguecaster, and the gun arm is a mixture of plague marine and sternguard veteran parts. I'm thinking the gun needs to be "nurglified" a bit, either that or we say he nicked it off a loyalist 😉 what do you guys think?
Hobby Workshop

James #2660

Custom Custom Custom
He's pretty awesome dude, some top kitbashing!!
I think he maybe needs a little something extra... hes great but i feel like hes a champion at the moment rather than a lord 🤔🤔
Maybe he needs abit more verticle height? Something to rally chaos?
Like something like this on the backpack?
Perhaps try sculpt abit more of a cloak and maybe a cowl!? Will make him less plague marine more chaos lord?
http://www.modernsynthesist.com/2017/01 ... t.html?m=1
Just an idea though 😁

Make them an offer they cant refuse!!!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133652098093
Or... fancy some freehanding?!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264348091929 🤣

DW1986 #2664

Custom
Ooooooo good call, I think I have that exact banner laying around somewhere hahaha

James #2667

Custom Custom Custom
Oh perfect 😀😀 maybe make a nurgling swinging off it haha

pawl #2701

Custom Custom Custom
I concur with James - it's definitely a solid start, but he doesn't yet have a lordly presence. Added height would definitely help - a bit of cork and maybe a defeated enemy, just to mark his prowess?
As for his weapon, a little, pitting with a pin vice, a dirty paint job, and maybe a tentacle or a couple of blisters and it'll look fine. 😉

DW1986 #2788

Custom
Thanks for the feedback guys! As you can see I've made some changes :grin: He now has a nice banner on the backpack to give him some more height, and I decided to completely change the gun arm, combi-bolter is a free choice so a good way to keep him under 100pts. The gun arm is actually from one of the Tainted Cohort terminators, but I think it just about looks the right size, plus he's bloated with the blessings of Nurgle so who cares if one if his arms is a bit more hench :laughing: Started painting his base layers last night, decided to keep the helmet as is as I really like the gasmask and pickelhaube style, but his is going to painted with a bit more detail than his Plague Marine underlings - think Death Guard Primaris Lieutenant :joy:

James #2789

Custom Custom Custom
Lol Death Guard Leiutenant 🤣 it is something we need though in fairness unless they change the lords of death rule!
He looks awesome now. Very much more than your run of the mill champion 😀
Nice colour choices too. Any exciting basing plans?

pawl #2794

Custom Custom Custom
The banner definitely helps, gives him much more presence! The combi bolter looks less unwieldy too, and much more Death Guard. 👍

(also it looks like you're a dark mode user - @Stephen is going to be helping make it look a little prettier soon 👌)

DW1986 #2796

Custom
@James oh absolutely! He'll be accompanied by a Nurgling carrying a blight grenade, and I'll see if I there is also room for a dismembered loyalist hahahaha

@pawl thanks :grinning: and yes, I do love a bit of dark mode, I use it on anything that has the setting haha

James #2799

Custom Custom Custom
Ffs @DW1986 your a tad older than me, you should be incompetent just like me. Ive been using this for a year and only discovered (was shown) dark mode today *face palm* Papa Nurgle clearly has smarter marines in the deep south!

Excellent. But maybe a sisters of battle would be more apt for ya? 😃
Hobby Workshop