Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Death to the False Emperor!

James #255

Custom Custom Custom
Thought I'd stick on some pics of the stuff I've completed for my DG army!
DW1986 liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #263

Custom Custom Custom
Dude, these are superb! Not only the attention to detail (that cloak is fantastic!) but the effort applied to basing too. What was your technique for the dreadnought base?

Oh, and I love the Nurgling!

James #272

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks bud. Haha I love that nurgling too... pain to transport and keep him on the base lol. Could probably do with pinning.
I go to town on the bases abit find it's where you can really set your mark on the model.

The base for the helbrute fashioned the lip from green stuff to make a pool. Painted it dark blue then got a few layers of vallejo still water in. With a wash in. The splash was done with tiny bits of clear plastic to give it a frame and then vallejo transparent water. I kinda cocked up tho cos I got frustrated and painted abit of white cos I was being impatient and ended up having to cut them off 🀣

Stephen #275

The vibrancy of colours is not what i would've associated with DG but it does look brilliant, as Pawl said the cloak is fantastic and probably the highlight of the set. The over-saturated skin tones come through very nice and allow good variance throughout a group to make them all look even more individual. Top marks :smiley:
Its just a shame they're heritical warp demons really :joy:

pawl #279

Custom Custom Custom
Maybe a magnet deep in the base, and a second under his foot that lies flush? Possibly a bit late for that though.
Basing is something I've never really done properly, but I'm intending to change that once I can find a supplier online that I can get everything from.

Seen a few tutorials recently using Still Water. Might have to get some just to play! (because obviously I have nothing better to do!)
It looks like a solid job though, I didn't notice that it wasn't 'perfect'!

James #283

Custom Custom Custom
Stephen wrote: ↑11 May 20, 21:36 The vibrancy of colours is not what i would've associated with DG but it does look brilliant, as Pawl said the cloak is fantastic and probably the highlight of the set. The over-saturated skin tones come through very nice and allow good variance throughout a group to make them all look even more individual. Top marks :smiley:
Its just a shame they're heritical warp demons really :joy:
Thanks guys πŸ˜€
Yeah I don't think I realised I wasn't doing them very grimdark until I was already committed haha.
@pawl It's defo a good tool but I've heard the two part epoxy solutions are generally better but I'm sticking with these now. I've seen people use the transparent water for ice staglamites and stuff so I'm hoping to use that on my bases for wolves. Also going to try get some distress candy crackle paint at some point!

Karak Norn Clansman #1941

They look fabulous. Nice painting here!

I'm always a fan of heavily rotten Nurgle followers, with all manner of splash effects and whatnot, but you've got a vibrant look going here that will make them stick out and be noticed, in a good way.

James #1945

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks mate 😊😊
I pretty much just followed gwtv guides to begin with so most has come out in quite a heavy metal style.
The latest one i did, the contemptor, is weathered chipped and dirty! So i definitely see the appeal of both styles. The nutty drone im doing now I'm hoping by the end will encapsulate some of each style! Excluding the shift paint... that was totally random!
Hobby Workshop