Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For anything else unrelated to the hobby.
  • No avatar

Karak Norn Clansman #2465

G'day!

With my father having run a carpentry firm for as long as I have existed (founded the same year I was born, in fact), working with tree has always been a part of life here. We made tree swords and shields for playing at war (4 wounds, 20 seconds countdown when killed before back up, hands, feet and head not counting for hits) as well as tanks, planes and lots and lots of naval ships to play D-Day in Normandie on our gravel garage driveway together with lots of plastic soldiers. Now that my mother has got new inhabitants in her home, life for me has turned even more childish and playful than it usually is, and I have served as my stepsiblings' (aged 10 and 12 at the moment of writing) playmate slave regularly for over a year now.

This has included whipping out the best of our old wooden creations, some of those I built can be seen here. Most of our wooden armada had to be burnt a few years ago since it occupied too much storage and most of it was ramshackle were hastily built, but we saved the better pieces. As I have helped my stepsiblings with building wooden tanks, cruisers and amphibious limousines out in my mother's workshop, I also took the chance to dabble in wooden toyships again. In the middle of this picture can be seen the new creation, from summer 2020, surrounded by the better of my non-weapon wooden creations from around 1998-2001:

These, on the other hand, are some simple, and most importantly cheap Christmas presents made out of plywood for various family members in four intense days of work before Christmas eve 2020.

Recievers of presents in top row, from left to right: Younger brother, maternal grandfather and grandmother, father.

Recievers of presents in bottom row, from left to right: Stepfather, stepsister, stepbrother, mother.

Note that the rightmost piece in the bottom row is based on this lucky photograph:

Also, as mentioned elsewhere previously, some Star Wars woodworking occurred:

Wood is such a nice material to work with. Just some quick non-Warhammer projects from last year.

Have you done any fun things in wood? Please share stories and pictures.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2467

Custom Custom Custom
Oh wow, this is really cool! It brings back memories of being a young kid, and my Grandad's 'workshop' (his garage, with various pieces of equipment and machinery, and loads of little projects). Somewhere at my mum's I should still have the tank (with movable turret) and plane that he made for me, will have to have a look for them next time I see her. At various points there were also guns (including an Astartes Bolter that I might still have) and other little pieces, and when I was a little older we designed and built a catapult that could fire fruit the length of their garden! πŸ˜‚
Might actually send him a link to this =] (hi Drad! πŸ‘‹)

Also, I love how your Christmas presents go from 'cat' and 'christmas tree' to 'heretic skull'! πŸ˜‚

pawl #2473

Custom Custom Custom
I asked my Grandad, and it turns out that (with the exception of the catapult, which I think broke during use) everything that was made years ago is in a box at my mum's, so next time I'm over there I'll dig them out for you. 😁

James #3592

Custom Custom Custom
Haha very impressive legionary πŸ˜‚

Karak Norn Clansman #3861

@James Haha, thanks a lot!

Christmas Presents and Other Gifts 2021 A.D.

These are some simple, and most importantly cheap Christmas presents and other gifts made out of plywood and wood for various family members and friends during 2021.

Hohoho!

Note that the two wild cat presents are based on this lucky photograph.

No avatar

MedMos #4026

Custom Custom
Very nice, I like your style! I've made a few Christmas presents as well in recent years.
For our 10yo.

And for the two young'uns, 2 and 4 at the time (now almost 4 and 6).

And a few spoons, which are just busywork when sitting by the fire on lazy summer evenings.
No avatar

MedMos #4157

Custom Custom
Thanks Karak Norn Clansman! I tried to 'like' your post, but for some reason the forum is behaving oddly for me...
Hobby Workshop