Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2254

Custom Custom Custom
Camo looks very effective from here. And as i guess most people would see from that distance your all good 😊
Can you put the darker contrast over the top of #2 to fix him? Or are these going to be stripped
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2258

Custom Custom Custom
You'll be able to see it better here than on discord, can zoom in a little more. It's nothing special up-close, but it does the job!

No stripping this time 😂 going to do some looking around, see if I can find what results people have had with contrast and shades. It actually Iooks a touch more brown and less orange, but I'm still not overly happy with the colour so it needs adjusting I think.

James #2261

Custom Custom Custom
Ah yes i can see. I think it looks great to be honest. Especially once the rest of the stuff is done.

I reckon a darker contrast with contrast medium over the top would look good. Or maybe even just some reikland flesh shade over it?

pawl #2266

Custom Custom Custom
Cheers man! =] I'm hoping I can nail down a secondary colour I'm happy with, because I've always loved these models and would like to do them justice!

I need to do some googling still to see what the effects are like. Don't want to keep piling paint on and make a mess of things!

pawl #2273

Custom Custom Custom
Tiny update - did some blacking in. Boots are now maybe too black, belts are black, metallics and gun casings have a black undercoat. 👍

You might notice the sergeant's pistol isn't black, as I'm toying with the idea of giving him a red pistol casing (not standard regulation of course, and he'll need to have a chat with the nearest commissar!)

James #2274

Custom Custom Custom
These are looking top notch. The camo looks really good and continues to look better as you get more of the models closer to completion.

I mean red guns go faster right!?!? Depends what colour the vests are going... if they are going to be a subtle muted tone then a brighter weapon would be cool!
Hobby Workshop