Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2196

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to squeeze some space upstairs
Focussed on more or less finishing the flesh tubes and the cloaks/robes.
Could do another layer of drucchi violet and then quickly using water to remove it from the highlight area (found this technique really effective to give a bruised purple look but still maintaining a white fleshy section)
Then the capes. Russ grey. Dark reaper in recesses. Up to fenrisian grey and ulthuan grey in highlights.
I was happyish with it until i looked at the plague surgeons cloak 🤣 itll do tho.
Hobby Workshop

James #2197

Custom Custom Custom
Made a good chunk of progress. Some more washing.
Ive completed the tentacles. Completed the regular bone details. I think I've completed the red bolter details. I very fine highlight back up to original red on the upper edges.
Main things to go are blackened bone areas which there is alot...
Need to decide if im doing battle damage..
Decide if the blue tubing needs a subtle highlight or not..
Orange cable hightlight.
Do the blades.

James #2198

Custom Custom Custom
Blades done. Not amazing but decent enough for these guys.
Bones done. Again ok. Ive done better but cant be bothered spending ages on these guys.
Maybe do some tiny white dots into top parts of eye lens and then it's ready to be gloss varnished and then enamels.

pawl #2202

Custom Custom Custom
Not even two weeks since you started mate 😉
Even though it's a quick job I think these are looking perfectly fine - once you've finished weathering they'll be top notch mate.
What's the basing plan? And did you decide on battle damage?

James #2204

Custom Custom Custom
Ha that's good point. When i did the original 5 it took maybe 2 months off and on. So nice to end up with something a little better and done in a 25% the time 🤣

Not sure on the bases. 5 of them are on resin stone slab bases. And 2 are on necromunda bases.
Any recommendations?

Im probably going to leave the battle damage, save it for something else. It should be enough with enamels.

James #2206

Custom Custom Custom
Gloss varnished these boys on Friday. And then have just done first layer of enamels.
Also applied the enamels to the cloaks to muddy them up a little. Quite effective i think.
Not sure if i need to apply another layer of track wash.

pawl #2208

Custom Custom Custom
All the progress! 💪😂

Without checking, I don't think that the rest of the force is entirely unified in its basing, is it? I would say stick to vaguely the same colour palette where possible and you should be fine. If anything the variance might lend some realism to them when they all together. 👌

Absolutely love seeing your stuff come together! It might be because I have plans for similar/the same models, but every update makes me want to paint! (hoping I'll actually get time tomorrow!)

James #2211

Custom Custom Custom
Nope there is no unified basing with these guys. It would be good if they could be interchangeable ish with the other plague marines which are on grey stone bases. I really liked the blue tinge ones you did. So ill check back the recipe on that.

Haha thanks mate. Means alot as im feeling abit meh with these guys atm.. I'm hoping its just the gloss varnish making them look abit dumb lol. But these have been speed painted so wasn't expecting miracles with them! But atm not sure if i prefer my eavy metal bois. Will be good to see some compare pics.

Update. Did another layer of track wash and im alot happier.

pawl #2214

Custom Custom Custom
There's nothing stopping you adding to the bases though - a little rubble scattered over the tiles might help bring them together? Will have to go and look at the others again to see what they were like.

Fortunately for you mate the DG are perfect for speed painting I think - messier can work in your favour! 😂 I really am going to have to check the others though. Or have you get them together for a photo.

Yes! Now we're looking much closer! 😁

James #2216

Custom Custom Custom
Haha here we go. Starting to work on the bases a little and done some rust steaks although its alot tougher to get these streaks to work relative to a flat surface on a vehicle.
Also re red dotted the nurgling shoulder pad bits.
Hobby Workshop