Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2143

Custom Custom Custom
Just reglossed his 'bits' after a final varnish ans now he's all done. Really pleased with how hes come out.
3 week ish turnaround for a model with this much detail isn't too bad either.
Not sure how easy enamels were for this sort of model but its a very nice grimdark effect.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2147

Custom Custom Custom
Any chance of a comparison photo of the base layers before washes? 😂

Superb work as always dude - definitely given me some ideas and inspiration for when I carry on with my own! Did you have much difficulty blending the enamels?

Really pleased that you got the vials to come out nicely (first attempt too, no?) and that you finally managed to get some oxide down without hating it 😂

James #2150

Custom Custom Custom
Ta da

No blending is pretty easy really just easier on vehicles as you have more room. I tend to do an all over wash rather than a pin wash and remove more than in Enriques vids.

Haha second attempt there is some on the blight lords but it looks awful haha. I wouldnt say it counts.
And yes nice to think I've not wasted my money on the oxide paint or spent more for something better which i almost did lol.

pawl #2161

Custom Custom Custom
Is that the same green in the first two? It's incredible how much of a difference the enamels make though - definitely more effective (or at least easier looking) than multiple acrylic washes!

I'm not counting that 😜 top marks all round mate - fantastic end result and a few lessons learned! 👌

James #2164

Custom Custom Custom
Yes the green hasnt been touched since the airbrush apart from touch ups when ive made mistakes. And i did the faint line highlight the vertical leg as i think it looks nice 🤣 but yeah all enamels changing it from there. I need to pinwash abit better i think so i dont lose all the green in future but I'm still happy.

Thanks mate 😊😊

pawl #2167

Custom Custom Custom
Think it's fair to say that I'll not be needing the Agrax next time I work on mine then! o_o

No worries man, you should be pleased with him!
James liked this

Karak Norn Clansman #2189

Great painting, man! Så many nice details picked with a solid choice of colour placement. I love the blending and decayed effect you've achieved with this plague surgeon. May he lay low your enemies!

James #2191

Custom Custom Custom
Thank you my friend 😀😀 cant really take credit for the blending... airbrush make it damn easy!

Unfortunately he got murderised in his first game 🤣 and then rolled badly on his crusade death roll thing and so lost all his xp 🤣
Hobby Workshop