Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #2086

Custom Custom Custom
Tonight I started work on these guys
Not pictured are a captain and another flamer as I forgot to take them out of their acetone bath.

I got ahead of myself and primed them a little early, so I've gone back and cleaned up mould lines and flash, and snapped off the slotta tabs. I decided very early on that I need to buy a rotary tool, because filing away the tab remains by hand is a pain in the backside!

Scheme plan (or the camo, at least) is something like this:
ImageImage
Hobby Workshop

James #2088

Custom Custom Custom
Hehe nice chopping board!!
Cool to the see guard coming together. Any ideas to convert the ones you have multiple of? (No pressure as i imagine will be tough!)

pawl #2094

Custom Custom Custom
It works for little jobs 😂

None yet, but the rotary tool on the way could change that. I actually hadn't given it a huge amount of consideration, what with them being metal models and me having absolutely no experience with them, but I might have to do some googling to see what's possible. 😁

pawl #2105

Custom Custom Custom
I would imagine he does! 😂

Finished cleaning up all the tabs that I removed using my new rotary tool (that's probably going to go back because it's rubbish!), and also started cleaning the remaining models. They're soaking again because I'm being lazy, but once they're clean the last two will have tabs removed too.

I've also been doing a little reading on zenithal priming and I'm considering giving it a go. Not sure how well it will work with a camo pattern going on top, mind, but for the armour at least it would help with shading perhaps, and definitely with the skin tones. Need to do a little more research before I buy anything though.

James #2108

Custom Custom Custom
Oh no whats wrong with it?
If it makes you feel better the sonic cleaner was super dissapointing, i was all ready to do a review on it and it was such a let down i didnt bother.

Zenithal with airbrush or rattlecan?
Im excited after seeing some pics of enriques discord of zenithal done with liquitex inks....

pawl #2112

Custom Custom Custom
The chuck is hand-tightened rather than with a key, and I found (both myself and in reviews) that the bit will slip out of the chuck quite quickly with use. Not an issue if you see it and reposition/tighten, but if I miss it I don't really want a sanding/cutting implement flying out at 10,000 rpm! Think I'll just replace it with a slightly less inexpensive one - this one was only twenty quid.

Rattlecan. The airbrush is coming though, don't worry. 😉

James #2115

Custom Custom Custom
No that sounds pretty dangerous even by my standards!!! Annoying that even the cheap ones are 20 quid!

pawl #2124

Custom Custom Custom
I'll replace it with one that tightens with a key and all will be well. It looks like you can pick them up under 35 quid, so it's not too bad.
James liked this

pawl #2250

Custom Custom Custom
Little update!
First five have been started! #2 isn't quite as orange as the picture makes out, but I was committed once I started putting the colour on without testing it first. I'll just darken him down at some point instead. Otherwise I'm reasonably pleased. The camo isn't perfect up close but it'll do for me!
Hobby Workshop