Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2026

Custom Custom Custom
Straight onto next model. I was going to do the squad aswell but decided I wana see how quick I can blast through this guy.
Airbrush work was done when i did the drone originally. So ive just done a few touch ups and done the bronze. Also tried to fix the bone on the shoulder pad.. I bought it from ebay with that bit snapped. Made a new horn with green stuff but it needs a bit of fixing!!
Need to look at the gw one to see what needs to go where.
If youve seen any good white cloth tutorials let me know cos the cloth on his chest is actually a different bit to the head robe and the lower robe.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2030

Custom Custom Custom
You don't mess around! 😂
A solid start, as expected! Will see what I can find you re; white robes. 👌

James #2033

Custom Custom Custom
Thank you guys. @Karak Norn Clansman I've been obsessed with the burnt umber to vallejo red combo since seeing it on next level painting vids for mephiston. Excited to have something actually finished with that transition 😂 (aslong as i dont balls it up like the delaque boys)

James #2041

Custom Custom Custom
Base colours going in nicely.
Nice how much quicker a single guy is to get moving.. the vehicles I've done lately have taken forever ha
pawl liked this

pawl #2045

Custom Custom Custom
Funny how having less to paint makes for faster work 😂
Totally forgot to look around - when I'm finished doing house-type things I'll see what I can find!

James #2048

Custom Custom Custom
Haha very strange 😂
I think im gna follow rods.mods one for white cloth!

pawl #2050

Custom Custom Custom
Is it worth trying enamels?
I saw a video ages ago (I've honestly spent two hours trying to find it in my YouTube history!) where a dude was painting something to a really high standard, and casually said he did robes quick and lazily. White/cream/whatever base coat, chucked a wash all over it, and then just wiped the top of it off. Worked stupidly well!

James #2051

Custom Custom Custom
Haha thats mad. Enamels could work but i think the enamels i have are too heavy in colour.
Lol let me know if you find it 🤣🤣

James #2053

Custom Custom Custom
Well enamels might work now as ive decided to go for a more dirty/cream scheme!!
Most things now blocked in. Started applying some dark washes into the recesses of the main robe which i think starting to look really nice.
Bit nervous about the cream section but.. ill do what i can. Im roughly following gwtv guide for cyphers cloak but i think ill do some more blending etc.
I've decided i want to have another crack at nmm so im going to do it in the sword.. which may not work sincr there's like a death guard growth in the middke of the sword .. so it could look rubbish.. we'll see.
Hobby Workshop