Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #1958

Custom Custom Custom
First ive seen of the grots. They look actually excellent... how many hours do you think it's taken you to do them? Ill be annoyed if you say like an hour for both 🤣🤣 good work!!
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1960

Custom Custom Custom
Definitely less than an hour, if you take out time spent retouching mistakes, waiting for paint to dry and generally messing around 😂
Next time I have chance to paint I'll try and time one, see how long it takes.

James #1963

Custom Custom Custom
Haha man.. serious paint hacks 🤣🤣🤣

pawl #2011

Custom Custom Custom
Somehow I forgot to post these up!

The grots are finished! Or at least I don't intend to do anything other than clean the feet up once I have their bases ready.

ImageImage

Also made some progress on their gaffer, although I'm not sold on him yet...

James #2015

Custom Custom Custom
They look brilliant. Did you deliberately add the brown tinge to the back of the grots flesh. Very nice.
The individual elements are looking great on the herder. I think until you stop avoiding the skin 😉😉 itll look a little disjointed. The squig colour is lovely tho what is it

pawl #2017

Custom Custom Custom
It was a happy accident to be honest. I tried out a couple of different combinations, and I just felt this one worked best. =]
I'm avoiding the skin with good reason! 😂 I've already spent enough time re-basing the skin to know that I made the right choice! In future I will build more carefully, I think.

The squig I actually thought was a bit dark, but it's growing on me. Just Volupus Pink, no magic. 😁

James #2020

Custom Custom Custom
Its good mate. Well chosen.

Haha just a magic contrast 😂😂😂 @Badger_of_doom you really should get into the contrast paints... altho pawl... are they less suited to large flat surfaces.. ie space marines?

pawl #2021

Custom Custom Custom
Cheers! 😁

Flat surfaces won't come out as well as detailed or textured surfaces if you apply them heavily, although you can use them as a kind of glaze. Using the GW-suggested "one thick coat" method can and probably will result in bad pooling. It's definitely doable (I'll stick an example thread up about it tomorrow if you remind me), but it's not something I would suggest for beginners.

pawl #2056

Custom Custom Custom
I've been playing again! 😁

Waiting for the skin to dry so that I can touch up two areas (missed a couple of brown spots until it was too late), then I can shade the skin. After that there's one or two details to look at and a head, and I'm calling him done!

Edit; shaded the skin!

James #2060

Custom Custom Custom
The green tone is majestic. Im loving it!!! Well done.
I think only thing maybe needs work is his little skirt/skort thing. The red wash in there is a little stark and could do with slight blending perhaps its just the light tho. Apart from that its fantastic. Have you already done his head?
Hobby Workshop