Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New to the board? Stop in and let us know you're here!

Karak Norn Clansman #1433

Good day, folks! I was introduced to this forum by pawl from over on Bolter and Chainsword. I mainly dabble in fantasy, but also do some grimdark science fantasy space opera in the hobby department.

I'm a creative craftsman (seems more accurate than artist) that brainstorm a lot of concepts for historically based settings. I love British humour and not only enjoy settings and stories for what they are up front, but also for the sandbox freewheeling creativity and overarching narratives and visions behind them.

I soon to hope to spam, I mean share previous works of mine, and of some associates of mine which I know have been well received over on other hobby forums. Hopefully the 40k doodles and stories will be of interest here, if nothing else.

Lastly, my online home is Chaos Dwarfs Online (now hosted a new Discourse forum and with renewed member vigour), and like many other collectors of evil dwarves I've become an amateur sculptor, meaning I run Admiralty Miniatures and sculpt miniatures along with some other CDO members. Mostly Mesopotamian style evil dwarves, but also some random other stuff like sci-fi alien heads.

Cheers!
Hobby Workshop

James #1436

Custom Custom Custom
Welcome to the warp storm @Karak Norn Clansman !!
Look forward to seeing some of your work as a fellow spammer 😊
Since your interested in dwarves have you read into possible return of squats in 40k?
Edit: just checked out the sculpts. Love them. Very old skool look abit like the chaos dwarves from warhammer fantasy

pawl #1442

Custom Custom Custom
Very kind of you to join us!

I still love the sculpts! Even though Chaos Dwarfs were (I think) already starting to go out of fashion when I was starting out in the hobby I always liked the old models, and what you've produced is really reminiscent of the older WHFB ranges. Do you sculpt and cast them yourself?

And feel free to throw stuff at us! I was going to post your image in 40k General anyway, but now you're here you can do it yourself =]

Karak Norn Clansman #1448

Thank you kindly folks!

@James : I've not read terribly much about it, but i do look at the Necromunda Squats and cross my fingers. I discovered CDO 9 years ago when rumours and pictures of Forgeworld's new concept sketches and models started to pop up. I have a few finished and painted Squat conversions to share, both based on GW plastic Dwarfs and Mantic Forgefathers.

@pawl : We're a bunch of 4 sculptors that sculpt minis, then I send them off to casting in Poland, the UK and Czechia. Casting yourself is time-consuming and such a hassle to master that I'd rather just let the professionals handle it. :)

pawl #1450

Custom Custom Custom
It's impressive work, I have to say!

How do you find the quality of the casts? There's a guy at B&C who learned how to do it himself (Subtle Discord, has a WIP thread called Legion Rising) and while his results are superb the amount of work it required was rather substantial.

Stephen #1459

Welcome @Karak Norn Clansman!

You probably won't see a huge amount of me, I'm a professional lurker, and I have a huge number of interests and time sinks so I'm a little all over the place, nevertheless I do intend on putting some of my attempts masterpieces here, and I look forward to all the advice from the more advanced userbase that is slowly growing here :joy:

Karak Norn Clansman #1562

@pawl : Cheers! I find the casting quality to be good from all casters. Occassionally there is some minor hiccup, but never anything critical. Resin casting always come with the odd air bubbles, but most of the stock is spincast whitemetal. It's indeed a substantial amount of work required to cas yourself. :)

@Stephen : Thanks a lot! Sounds a lot like me then, hehe. Random scattering of interests and projects. I look forward to see what you come up with. See you around!

pawl #1567

Custom Custom Custom
I've got some old custom resin casts that really didn't come out too well, but it seems that you've had better luck than the guy who ran our old crowdfunding campaign! Do the metal casts come out better?
Hobby Workshop