Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
If you've written or recorded something to help your fellow hobbyists share it with us here.

pawl #1144

Custom Custom Custom
Even on plastic?
I think poly cement has the benefit of having no gap - because the two surfaces bond together there's no glue left in the middle, like super glue can do. Plus if done right it's really strong.

...no πŸ˜‚
Hobby Workshop

James #1148

Custom Custom Custom
In fairness only time I tried it was on resin and it obviously didn't work 🀣 I could try it on the custodes guys I've got when I try put them together... But it makes me nervous!!

pawl #1149

Custom Custom Custom
You'll be fine! Just apply (a small amount!), line up and stick, making sure nothing wiggles. You'll likely get a stronger bond than you would with other adhesives.

Tonight I'm going to rewrite my guide properly to include a link to this thread =]
James liked this

Lovecraft0110 #1155

Custom Custom
James wrote: ↑04 Jul 20, 14:34 Some great collaboration here guys 😁

@Lovecraft0110 alot of people on the fb groups are always asking about how to unglue miniatures and if this stripper also breaks down glue that's quite impressive? Maybe we worth looking into. The only solution I've seen to glue is freezing the miniature haha.

Ah "Lhorke" πŸ˜‚ sorry for getting the name wrong. Make sure you post a pic of the illustration when you get it 😊

Oh and wow 4 pairs of gloves 🀣 don't think I should be allowed to use this stuff then.. @pawl will attest to me going abit rogue and not sticking to guides... sounds like one you have to be careful with haha
Great collaboration indeed, James!

Yeah, I should have the Lhorke illustration next week. Should be fun!

And you're not the only one who goes rogue, heheh.
James liked this

Lovecraft0110 #1156

Custom Custom
pawl wrote: ↑05 Jul 20, 13:25 You'll be fine! Just apply (a small amount!), line up and stick, making sure nothing wiggles. You'll likely get a stronger bond than you would with other adhesives.

Tonight I'm going to rewrite my guide properly to include a link to this thread =]
Heheh, or if you really, REALLY need something to never, EVER come apart, use JB Weld Quick. It's like killing 30k militia dudes with a Volcano Cannon. Totally unnecessary, but very satisfying!

:grin:

pawl #1166

Custom Custom Custom
And definitely not for the faint of heart, I would imagine! Taking something that's almost guaranteed to be very expensive to replace and doing something totally irreversible to it! πŸ˜…
I think I would be nervous even with cheap resin! I actually have some custom resin guard sculpts (that were only make once) to find out with, as it happens πŸ˜‚

Lovecraft0110 #1216

Custom Custom
Custom resin guard sculpts? Hmmm...very interesting. Pics?

pawl #1225

Custom Custom Custom
Not to hand, but I should be abke to get some tomorrow.

They were commissioned years ago - someone at Tau Online (old 40k forum, dead now) collected money from all interested, paid a sculptor and then a caster. I have enough heads, torsos, legs and (I think) arms to make ten female-not-Cadians. Maybe 4 or 5 varieties of heads and legs I think.
The casts weren't too bad either, very little in the way of flash and only a couple of minor bubbles.
Hobby Workshop