Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
New boxed sets, useless tools and game-changing paints - come and tell us all about your new toys or where you got them from!

Lovecraft0110 #974

Custom Custom
Last edited by Lovecraft0110 on 27 Jun 20, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #976

Custom Custom Custom
I'm only ~5 minutes in but I'm saying this counts. Might be worth editing the topic title though =]

pawl #994

Custom Custom Custom
Have you had any thoughts yet on the mould slippage? From my phone it looks like it's just a mould line, but I'm assuming that it's a little more serious that a small screen shows?
It looks like it's very heavy, too - what will it weigh in at once it's built?

Lovecraft0110 #1007

Custom Custom
I'm afraid it's far worse than mold lines on plastic models...mold slip means it's not level, i.e. it requires filling, not just filing. :disappointed:

As for the weight, I think about 5-6 kg. all in all, haven't weighed it, though.

pawl #1008

Custom Custom Custom
I've seen examples of it before, just couldn't quite make it out on my phone as the screen simply wasn't big enough! Have you any experience with fixing it? I know you said it's not your strong point, but having not worked with resin before it's not something I've ever looked up.

That's quite hefty! 😲 certainly not something you want to be knocking over! Will you be magnetising?

Lovecraft0110 #1010

Custom Custom
Sadly no experience successfully fixing it...although Leakycheese has promised to help, and he is truly a master of FW resin.

As for the build, yes, I will be magnetising the weapons, and the rest is going to be fixed in place with JB Weld and thick brass rods, so that shouldn't be an issue. The hard part will be doing it right!

James #1012

Custom Custom Custom
Lovecraft0110 wrote: 29 Jun 20, 09:01 I'm afraid it's far worse than mold lines on plastic models...mold slip means it's not level, i.e. it requires filling, not just filing. :disappointed:

As for the weight, I think about 5-6 kg. all in all, haven't weighed it, though.
I've had this even on tiny finecast miniatures.. and it's an ache of the ball variety. Can only imagine how much work will be involved in something this big!! Good luck buddy!

pawl #1013

Custom Custom Custom
We expect a video detailing your learnings 😜 I'll have to look him up, always happy for something to watch!

Pinning on a serious scale!
I find it odd though that the weapons (as smaller, simpler components) get a modern instruction booklet, but the intricate, million-pound-price-tag body gets an old photocopy!

Lovecraft0110 #1016

Custom Custom
James wrote: 29 Jun 20, 14:07
Lovecraft0110 wrote: 29 Jun 20, 09:01 I'm afraid it's far worse than mold lines on plastic models...mold slip means it's not level, i.e. it requires filling, not just filing. :disappointed:

I've had this even on tiny finecast miniatures.. and it's an ache of the ball variety. Can only imagine how much work will be involved in something this big!! Good luck buddy!
Thank you, I'm seriously gonna need it! Ache of the ball indeed.

Lovecraft0110 #1017

Custom Custom
pawl wrote: 29 Jun 20, 14:49 We expect a video detailing your learnings 😜 I'll have to look him up, always happy for something to watch!

Pinning on a serious scale!
I find it odd though that the weapons (as smaller, simpler components) get a modern instruction booklet, but the intricate, million-pound-price-tag body gets an old photocopy!
Yeah, I'm totally used to pinning. As in, my MKII World Eaters have the hands pinned to the arms, the arms to the torsos, and the feet to the bases...every single guy...so yeah. So that part is not an issue in and by itself. The problem will be having everything align, getting the right pose, not glueing things in the wrong place...lol. If I glue something wrong with JB Weld, there is no going back. EVER.
Hobby Workshop