Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

slybobs7 #3712

Anyone have any got tutorials on painting Fire (no air brush). Haven't started looking yet so thought I would ask first
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3713

Custom Custom Custom
This one isn't a bad example:

If you do an image search for 'fire' you'll find some photos where it looks like the middle is red and the outsides yellow, some the other way around. Which you choose to paint is up to you. As a general rule the hotter the flame (usually the source) the brighter it is. As you'll see from the photos though the colours can all blend into one, so don't be too concerned about where your colours are going!
Start from white, and reapply it before bright colours if you have to (if painting yellow over red you'll get brighter colours if you put solid white down first). Tiny dots of any colour, including white, can be used to simulate embers, and you can finish with a little black at the edges and tips to show smoke, too.

slybobs7 #3714

Thanks pawl

James #3716

Custom Custom Custom
Not 100% if this is applicable but you know. No smoke without fire.. Blah blah.

I found this quite cool and super easy for smoke/flames on a drone I did ages ago.

pawl liked this
Hobby Workshop