Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #3418

Custom Custom Custom
This has been a model I've been dying to paint for ages but ive been quite intimidated by it. Has alot of detail and alot of awkward areas that seem to change from flesh to armour and back at will... so I've been avoiding to approach it for a year or so 🤣
But no longer! Moved some serious "real estate" as my man Kenny Boucher would say and have made a good start with the airbrush.
Quite impressed with the coverage from the monument pro acryl paints too.
Flesh is the main next step. I would normally block in with a brush first but due to the way to flesh mingles with other bits i think ill need to carefully airbrush it in so it transitions from armour to flesh more naturally.
Have some big plans with this dude. Including a nice mini waterfall base cos hes so fancy.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #3431

Custom Custom Custom
With armour that's quite close to a lot of necrotic flesh colours, what's the plan for all the skin? 😁

James #3445

Custom Custom Custom
Well my plan is to undo the skin i tried.
I want to like it but i dont.
So back to the drawing board on the flesh with this one but I'm gna focus on something else for abit cos its making me miserable!
Ill need to get another colour betwen the dark brown and flesh colour i think. Which the scale 75 range ive now got should be great for.
Just going to require some thought and either extremely careful airbrushing or putty masking up again.

DW1986 #3447

Custom
@James I admire your patience with this model 😂 I got fed up with it so quickly

James #3448

Custom Custom Custom
Fear not. I already have 😂 moved onto the LoV for a break while i decide what to do.

pawl #3460

Custom Custom Custom
I mean I don't think it looks bad, but I do think that it needs something more. Or just throw an oil wash over it and call it done 😜

James #3466

Custom Custom Custom
Haha tempting!!
I need to redo the skin. I just need to think abit carefully about how to do it. Theres awkward sections where armour blurs into bone or armour... so i cant just use a brush to block in ans then highlight with the airbrush... and if i airbrush alone i risk ruining the armour. And if i use the putty i risk harsh lines where there shouldnt be any!! Alot to consider anyway. In the vids ive watched subassemly really suits this model... oh well 🤣

James #4919

Custom Custom Custom
So it's taken me over a year from start to finish 😂
But well worth it.
And the jungle base I had particular fun with.

slybobs7 #4922

Wow he looks so good! He must look great leading a army.

James #4924

Custom Custom Custom
slybobs7 wrote: 15 Jun 22, 23:16 Wow he looks so good! He must look great leading a army.
Thanks mate. Yeh he's got quite a terrifying board presence now even though I've definitely modelled for disadvantage with that base 😂
Maybe I'll have to get one of the new ones when they come so I can have a fancy one and one that can't just be shot from anywhere 😂
Hobby Workshop