Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Confirmed or fresh from the grapevine, it belongs in here.

James #1150

Custom Custom Custom
You know what... I've never been to warhammer world and would love to go! Defo after lockdown when I have more dollar to splurge... although I'm probably too much of a Yorkshire man to pay full price for anything 🤣
pawl liked this
Hobby Workshop

Axineton #1214

Warhammer world is awesome mate! Only thing is I live 200 miles away and the drive is over 3hrs each way 😭

I ordered 2 boxes of Indomitus today directly from GW just to guarantee I get them on the 25th. Oh and also the metal ruler thing. I did want the limited edition rule book but there’s no way I’m paying £125 for a book that’s gonna be obsolete when the faq’s or next chapter approved releases.

James #1220

Custom Custom Custom
300 miles from Nottingham.... Edinburgh way?

Nice!! You'll get two bags of the objective market things too then?
I'm glad I managed to pre pre order through a local ish shop and they confirmed they have got the boxes they needed so I should be ok!!
@pawl Did you manage to secure one? If not I've seen mention of another wave in August. Also.. Has the share price jumped up?

pawl #1229

Custom Custom Custom
When I went as a kid I thought it was awesome, but I can barely remember it and its likely a little different these days 😂

I tried Element, but they only listed it for collection (and late, too), which I'm still a bit annoyed about.
Fought with the GW site, managed to get to payment and it then decided they were sold out.
Then (after a lot of fighting with their site) I got an order in with Wayland. Payment has gone through and the order confirmed, but in the order details it's listed as not being in stock, so I'm waiting on confirmation from them that it's all good. Not expecting a reply until Monday though, as I don't think their customer support is open on Sundays.
Not sure on the share price until Monday when the markets open mate. I've actually sold off most of my GAW holding to invest in other stocks though 🙈

James #1230

Custom Custom Custom
What's there apart from a presumably huge shop?

Oh mate. Sounds like you've had a nightmare of a day. I did try to get on the gw website at 10am and it immediately went down along with element and wayland.
Fingers crossed all cool with wayland for you. Did they offer good discount. I think my place were doing it for 106 with delivery... not sure what it'll be collection but hopefully around a 100.

pawl #1233

Custom Custom Custom
https://warhammerworld.warhammer-community.com/
Have a look there bud.

It was a bit of a pain, to say the least! There's been loads of talk of retailers overselling due to the number of orders overwhelming the shop software (one big one in particular) and also of shops that are having to use the second wave (which I don't think has been officially confirmed yet by GW) to fulfil orders from today.
If they can't fill my order and I can't get hold of one on release day (are they selling online again then?) then I'll have to see what eBay prices are like in a couple of weeks once FOMO isn't driving up prices.
Scalpers were out in full force today though. Someone over at B&C spotted an eBay store with ninety-something copies listed at double the retail price!

Edit; Wayland had their new standard 10% for GW, so £111.90 with free postage.

James #1235

Custom Custom Custom
That's awesome. Forgeworld store too.. very cool.
I'm impressed they offer vegan options and soy and other milk replacements, I could even persuade my Mrs to go now lol.

I saw this post from the flgs I've "hopefully" got mine from.
I think on facebook there was only about 4 or 5 people getting pre orders including myself.
I saw some posts about people queuing at gw stores to pre order it and only 2 people managing to do it before it sold out.
Huge amount of salt on the fb groups today!!
Yeah the scalping seems to be bad. 90 copies.. how did they manage that.

Wayland price is pretty good 😊 hopefully be all good!

pawl #1238

Custom Custom Custom
Assuming they're still around then! Lots being taken off the FW site all at once, and talk of them rebranding ("Warhammer Forge") and possibly moving away from resin.

Not seen FB but there's a lot of angry people over at B&C - understandably so, too!

Best of luck though buddy! 🤞

Axineton #1239

They have a massive display museum that you can walk round, a huge hall to game in. An excellent bar with some of the tastiest grub I’ve ever eaten and an actual forgeworld store and a black library section that is pretty big too.

Not sure I’ll get 2 lots of counters and dice bag but I won’t complain if I do. I don’t really like the look of the objective markers they look like cheap Perspex cut into circles going by the pics. I’ll probably give them to someone at my club when it reopens.

Only problem I have now is what chapter to paint these marines when i get them. I’m torn between Flesh Tearers, Blood Swords (Blood Angels successor), Iron Ravens, Howling Griffons or White Consuls 😭

pawl #1242

Custom Custom Custom
Definitely Howling Griffons 😁
Axineton liked this
Hobby Workshop