Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #2366

Custom Custom Custom
😂
Dark brown would work, or maybe a green to tie in with the DG with green armour.

Do you have any transfers that would work?
Hobby Workshop

James #2368

Custom Custom Custom
Well i gave the mrs the executive decision. She was like "well who are his friends" and as hes friends with the other plague marines he'll need green to fit in lol.

Dont think i have any relevant transfers. So it will be freehand 😢😢😢

Progress
Mostly hitting with washes after changing the colour of the cloak and books again lol
Also nearly done the face and eyes probably which i think is decent considering these recessed faces are tough to get to.

pawl #2370

Custom Custom Custom
Can't beat logic like that. 😂 I do think it will work better though.

Ouch! Don't do what I always used to and swap to a tiny brush - a good point on a size 1 or 2 will definitely serve you better!

I was actually going to check if you had changed the books, one was green before no?

James #2371

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah i think so, ive done similar green cloth on half of the cultists and it worked well. Ill be trying to do some gentle glazing to get it to come back up to death guard green and then elysian green. Then will use dark wash enamel later on to really deepen the contrasts all being well.

Well my two rosemary and co brushes came in really useful here, size 1 did the whites of the eyes and the 4/0 did the black. Pretty happy with it i think.

Ha yeah so 3 books one on his back, and two under his feet. Two were green now brown. One red.
Theres also a nurgling specific for him which is carrying scrolls which i could dig out....

Got abit further this evening. Starting to enjoy this guy now things are coming together.

James #2374

Custom Custom Custom
Done a big turn and getting very close to beinf ready to do enamels and finishing.
Very pleased with my first attempt at script.
Also happy with the ink pot and ink on the bone quill.
Need to work on the cloak abit more. Also want to figure out something more interesting to do on the metal backpack extension thing.

pawl #2378

Custom Custom Custom
Frogman. 🐸😁

He's coming out really nicely - think the swap to green has made all the difference. Reckon you could freehand some runes or something onto the extension before you rust/wash/weather?

And the Nurgling has to make an appearance - Nurglings are almost as good as grots 😜

James #2382

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks karak!!

Haha i didnt really intend to write frog... i was just trying to make nice writey shapes ha and it just happened.

Yes the green has worked a treat so far. Need abit more to it though. Shes right as usual. Think the parchments are really going to pop once the enamels darken the armour.
Thats a good idea. Seen any examples?

Ill see if i can dig him out 🤣🤣

If no good examples for the metal thing i may try something like this

https://toadchapel.com/2019/06/10/oxide ... basecoats/

James #2383

Custom Custom Custom
Gone for the verdigris effect
Fairly happy. Also redone the cabling abit as it didnt quite sit right and a few other bits.

I found the nurgling with the scroll but he has abit of massive base so he wont fit on the base that the tallyman is on because of the steps. But i found some other nurglings who do. Dry fit he looks pretty good and is trying to climb the steps.

pawl #2386

Custom Custom Custom
The verdigris worked much better than runes would have, absolutely spot on! And the green you can darken down a bit in the enamel phase 👌
Nurgling works, like the interaction with the base.

When you dullcoat him are you going to regloss the ink? Get him varnished, get him dirty! 😁
Hobby Workshop