Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2000

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote: 08 Sep 20, 00:56 Perhaps just the bottom, and dripping onto the armour?
I could do a mix of vallejo transparent water and nurgles rot to achieve it.... I'll have a think. I quite like the eye as is. Maybe something for another project!

I could definitely hit the bronze with some more agrax!!

Me too. Ive always wanted to do a fully submerged base.
I like the idea of tinting the water but i feel like it's a risk... i could totally ruin it. I could put a very small amount of green glaze in it to just give it a nurgle tint perhaps.
The blood drops is a great idea. Have you seen any guides or anything on it?
Im thinking clear uhu as if the drone is salivating at the prospect of battle! Im also going to connect some of the writhing maggots in goo to the mower. So im thinking its racing into battle from its festering pit.. i worry that blood will just put too many different colours in there.. along with the colourshift it could be too much?
Edit: i could try to make some water effects for the jet engines..

You are right.. my other worry with the bluestuff is ok it works but then will i damage anything trying to then get it off 😬
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2004

Custom Custom Custom
That could definitely work!

It's possible, but the videos I've seen before seem to all use some kind of tinting - I'll see if I can find you an example.
The blood I have no idea to be honest. At a guess simply dripping it in after you've poured/as you pour the resin, but I would have to look it up. Perhaps someone in the TRFT discord would know?

I see! 😂 does this thing actually have a mouth? Horrible thought! I think that could work, but then I also don't think that blood would be too much. I would maybe say see if you're colouring the water, and if you are do the uhu to match?
Re the edit I love the idea, but I don't know how it would work. Research needed!

I'll have a look when I remember, see what I can find for you. 👌

James #2008

Custom Custom Custom
So now i have experience of using the uv resin i think you could definitely manage to do blood drops but you'd have to be fast!
But i have to say uv resin wow fun stuff.

Ok so you know me. Little research and lots of impatience i forged ahead. Results are great if not quite how envisioned!!!

So the lovely maggots got washed in athonian camoshade a few times. Worked a treat for them. And then i used the shine agent stuff to make em all... Yep shiny.
Then i went selotape method for sealing the resin.
And my plan was to give it ever so slight a tint with waywatcher glaze..... to keep it nice and translucent. However i over cooked it massively... but i thank papa nurgle for his 7 fold chant and somehow it still worked.
I also put a bit of leaf litter around the back cos i fancied it.
Also nice news the cheapo uv torch from ebay worked great cos this stuff set it solid within a minute or two. I even managed set a drop or two on the tubes. So im very impressed with the uv resin... However ive used pretty much a full 17ml bottle of it to do that base.
But i have checked with ppl on facebook and have been shown good results with unbranded uv resin so ill be getting some of that as gsw isnt cheap for it.
In terms of the blood drops if you did the drop quickly and then hit it with the torch i think you could manage it. You may need a syringe to do it tho... altho u could definitely use a syringe to make air bubbles now thaf would be impressive.
The next step was the uhu glue stuff to make his mandible claws all sticky. Really fun stuff to use however id use it straight away. Some videos said wait 10 to 15 mins from outta tube before applying but i definitely felt it worked best using it immediately.
Here are some of the finished results. I'll keep back the full image till tomorrow when i can lightbox it. And be all mysterious like...
Edit you can see in the mid pics a gap in the uv resin. Thankfuly i made to much mixture so i was able to fill in the gaps after.
pawl liked this

pawl #2012

Custom Custom Custom
Maybe if you were to pour the resin, and before it starts to set inject a small amount of red?

Impatience is always the way forward, and it definitely never backfires. At all. Ever! 😂

Really pleased this has come out well though - it's always worrying trying something new, and you jumped in right at the deep end! 😂
Using a syringe to add air bubbles is something I've seen done on scale ship/submarine dioramas, it's insane stuff!

Will the resin catch the light at all? Maybe experiments could be done using neon paint...

James #2014

Custom Custom Custom
Yes it could work.. you'd just have to keep it all very still 😂

Haha mostly it kinda works just comes out unexpected 😂 it seems to be the main way I learn.

Yeah i imagine it looks incredible.. cant think of anything id be able to use it in without sealing an entire mini in resin haha

Yes Enrique said that neon stuff would work with it!!

pawl #2018

Custom Custom Custom
If I had a load of resin to hand I would obviously have to test it out, it it's maybe a good thing that I don't! 😂

It clearly works though!

Check this video, around 7:30 if you don't want to watch it all.

I'm more excited about that than I probably should be! 😂

James #2019

Custom Custom Custom
Haha that guy is incredible. The sub that's exploding is unbelievable. Kinda cool that it atleast shows you his failures too! Must be frustrating. Ruining a lovely sub like that!

Lovecraft0110 #2022

Custom Custom
Great stuff, @James . Just gotta use a couple of drops of wash into the resin next time. I made a lot of swamp bases with the kids, army painter strong tone works great for that. For your purposes, I would say gsw fluo (couple drops), which is very runny, almost like a wash. And yeah, only the bigger resin container is worth it.
Hobby Workshop