Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #1922

Custom Custom Custom
Early paint tests tonight, think I've found easy fleshtones for both Orks and Gretchin that I'm happy with. 😁

Hobby Workshop

James #1923

Custom Custom Custom
That skintone looks great. Is that just one coat!
One perk of these contrasts is that you dont go through the look crap stage which i really struggle to keep momentum up at the blocking in colours part.

pawl #1924

Custom Custom Custom
The Ork is Plaguebearer Flesh (Contrast), followed by Biel-Tan Green (Shade). The Grot's face is Iyanden Yellow (Contrast) followed by Biel-Tan Green. All one coat, and straight from the pot!
Nice and quick, nice and simple, and not too bad looking I don't think! With a little practise I reckon you could chew through these really quickly.

James #1925

Custom Custom Custom
Very impressive!! You might yet convert me to getting some contrast. The black templar one looks ever useful as example as i really hate doing blacks!!

pawl #1926

Custom Custom Custom
I've not tested it yet, but next time the paints come out I'll chuck some down for you. The Grot above was a colour tester so he needs stripping anyway.

James #1928

Custom Custom Custom
Great. I think for black weapon parts and stuff be a real time saver.
Haha just noticed the grots covid face mask

pawl #1932

Custom Custom Custom
Benefit of Ork weapons is that I can test them for you, and if it looks naff just blame it on 'Orks' 😂
A couple of them seem to think they're banditos 😂

James #1934

Custom Custom Custom
Haha very cool. Where were these models from?

pawl #1937

Custom Custom Custom
Boyz and Gretchin boxes, with a couple of old boyz bits in there. Once I'm happy with the rest of the colours I'll try and blast through the rest of the squads, and then set my sights on eBay again 😂
James liked this

pawl #1955

Custom Custom Custom
Decided to start with a Runtherd, because why not?

Now most people seem to suggest painting from light to dark colours, and when painting Orks they suggest starting with the skintones. I however clearly know more than the pros, and seem to have started with blacks and browns!

(yes, I can see the mistakes in the pictures. I am now well aware of them! 🙈)

Edit:

These two gits have managed to sneak in, and will be the first fully painted models once I've done their nails, teeth and eyes. 👌

Hobby Workshop