Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.
  • No avatar
No avatar

Pharia #2804

Still for one who hasn't debbed into the other brands :p is there somewhere you can check the difference (gw vs that brand) if you wanted a paint cloae to khorne red for instance ;)
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2806

Custom Custom Custom
Yes and no.
There are various comparison guides online, but most simply use the hex code given by the company. In most cases the coloured box on the screen is similar to the actual colour, but not always. There's also other factors to take into account, like whether the paint has been applied over a dark or light (or gradiented, or coloured...) undercoat, which will change the final result. Also your screen settings can change the way it appears on screen, too!
Here are some examples for you though, just don't forget that they won't be perfect. =]

Also worth bearing in mind is that colours don't have to be perfect to a guide. If you're painting Ultramarines you don't have to use whatever Citadel call Ultramarines Blue these days (is it Calgar Blue now?) - VMC Flat Blue is a very different shade, but you can still use it. Everything is open to interpretation, and GW change things themselves! You'll remember that Ultramarines in particular user to be much brighter than they are now, their yellow has changed to gold, and every other company colour seems to have vanished!
Pharia liked this

James #2807

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah would just second being careful with the equivalences. I wanted a khorne red and went for terracotta based on their matching and its totally off and not what i wanted at all 🤣
Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #2809

Well I noticed you can just spray what you want through an airbrush :p since I've just been useing normal gw paints with mine. My interest sparked after watching that vid in here with the leman russ tank and the way he made hes weathering. Really impressive btw ! But that shade stuff he used.... it was allmost like magic. Haha :p emalje paint i think it was called. Sorcery I tell you ! Heretic!

James #2811

Custom Custom Custom
Got a link? Curious to see!
No avatar

Pharia #2812

The product used to resses shading on the weathering video in the guide

pawl #2813

Custom Custom Custom
About ten minutes in? That'll be the enamel paint, specifically AMMO brand Black Wash.
@Lovecraft0110 has a number of posts here about using enamel washes and weathering, and plenty of videos on that channel! =]
No avatar

Pharia #2814

Magic i tell you
pawl liked this

James #2816

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah its great stuff my man! Cheap too
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop