Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2177

Custom Custom Custom
Haha yeah theres a nutty amount of cabling going on and stuff before you even get to tentacles and then the flesh tubes... and then weird heads and effigies.. its great... but also a pain.

Green yellow would work. U seen any examples?

Im going to do some googlizing now. For: plasma guns, blight launchers and plague swords.
I did the last squads swords like this.. which looks great.. but I just want to do something different this time. But maybe ill just do that again unless i find something more interestin.

Made some more good progress tonight.
Last guy is defo my favourite. Excited to see him completed.

Main bit left to block in is the fleshy tubes. And then weird random details....

Update. Think im gna follow rob paints models cairn wraith vid for his rusted blade. Rhinox hide base. Then using foam sponging go to two varying levels of brown. Then final sponge of leadbelcher. Then edge in runefang basically.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2179

Custom Custom Custom
Second picture, bottom row, second from left. Is that head meant to be a grenade? I wasn't 100% sure when I was looking at mine. Last dude gives off some real 90's vibes too - think their nod to the older era in the armour and weapon design is really nice.

Do you have a link? Might come in handy 😇

James #2181

Custom Custom Custom
Ah yes... alot of this stuff is ambigious... but my feeling is its a weird head stuffed into a grenade so itll be like the head on the back of the plague surgeon. But could also be metallic.. but not sure how you'd do the hair.

Excellent video. Actually the first i did for the nighthaunts when i first got back into the hobby.. thinking about it its a very advanced video overall but i think it pushed me to improve fast. Some techniques i didnt bother with in the end. Like loaded brush.
Heres what I did. Not bad for first models properly back into the hobby.
I remember wet blending the black into the dark grey on top took ages......

James #2183

Custom Custom Custom
Couldn't sleep so thought id not waste the time. Will be pooped tomorrow but oh well.
Did the block colours on blades, flesh tubes and ive decided special weapons will be mainly red too. So let me kno recommendations for plasma colour on a red body...
Next will be a case of looking at each mini to see what smaller details ive missed.... these guys are great... but so time consuming.

James #2185

Custom Custom Custom
All colours blocked in now exception of the plasma gun bit as not decided the plan there. But defo wanting to do OSL with the airbrush somehow.. 😃

Looking forward to the next stages of making each group of things.. ie tentacles.. or bones not look rubbish!

James #2186

Custom Custom Custom
Just started with some of the washes going in as wanted some easy bits.
Also did some tentacle drybrushing where safe to do so

pawl #2187

Custom Custom Custom
Will have a look at the video when I get chance, but for your first models to loosen the rust they're really good! Never tried wet blending as I don't think that I would be able to pull it off, but I'm genuinely convinced that loaded brush is some kind of wizardry! 😂

I've been away from here longer than I realised, my apologies!
Solid progress buddy, these are already looking good!

Had a quickly with a colour wheel for the plasma - using a dirty green as the starting point it gave me a couple of purple/pink tones, some dirty yellow/orange, and also red and green, which don't really work.
Using red seems to give pink, orange and blue, plus a turquoise-ish colour.
I know you don't have any contrasts yet but contrast over white seems to work rather well for things like plasma, although I know you want to get the airbrush out.

Also I can't promise that I won't be stealing the idea for red weapon casings 😉

James #2188

Custom Custom Custom
Haha yeah for first models they were overall really good. The wet blending took ages and went wrong alot but i think its pretty spot on.
Loaded brush is weird.. i did some test goes with it and it just looked garbage haha.

Well actually in the bit of research that ive done.. airbrush osl looks solid... unless ive looked wrong.
https://www.goonhammer.com/how-to-paint ... n-methods/
This looks better. And the blue looks good here too.

Haha i love the red bolters so much more exciting than black ones. I for sure didnt invent red bolters so go for it 🤣

pawl #2193

Custom Custom Custom
I'll stick to just being bad at layering, at least I already know how to suck at that! 😂

I've actually never tried OSL before because I thought the realism aspect would look out of place on something clean and undamaged. Now that I'm looking at proper weathering and battle damage maybe I should be considering that too!

It's easy character, and a nice throwback. 👌

James #2195

Custom Custom Custom
Haha the models you insist on stripping always looking great these days mate 😂

Ive actually seen some more airbrush osl stuff so im thinking id prefer to try that.. ill wait till the end before deciding that anyway. Found some nicer tutorials when searching for airbrush osl instead of airbrush plasma osl!!

Not expecting much progress this week as the downstairs of the house is empty and now having the floor redone lol
If you look at the floor you can see the weird wiggle mark.. flooring downstairs is brand new ish and already knackered so thankfully housing developers are finally fixing it!
Hobby Workshop