Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2114

Custom Custom Custom
Im sure Clive would be honoured.

I hope so. I'm really wanting to blast through these guys (7 plague marines too) so i can get onto a daemon prince.
Hobby Workshop

James #2117

Custom Custom Custom
Productive evening today!
Did some subtle highlights on robe and cowl which im pleased with.
Bone details all done.
Blacks have been subtly highlighted.
Weird fleshy head has been done.. pleased with the gritty look to it actually.. wanted it to not be the centre of attention.
Did the jars and things around his waist.
Also done the daemon shoulder pad thing too... which i was apprehensive about. One thing really tough about dg models is that they will have areas that blend into one another like a tentacle into a normal green arm or something... and trying to blend that correctly is really tough.
Here we have the dg armour blending into a nurgling basically and then blending into a horn... so abit of nightmare. Fairly happy so far. A few details to pick out but almost done pre enamels anyway.
Main things left to do the two vials and one sort of vial on his tainted narthecium.
The sword... did i tell you i wanted to do steel nmm on it?? Not sure if im going to atm... i want to but scared.
Also not sure if you've seen the imperfection on the model due to airbrush... theres a weird bit hanging down from the head cowl where the airbrush paint has set to the model and the airbrush putty... trying to debate about how to deal with it.. hobby knife super carefully is probably the way... but its a risky operation.
Oh also musnt forget i want to put a nice highlight line on the armoured leg at the front always think it looks good on dg.

pawl #2126

Custom Custom Custom
Wow! This is looking beautiful buddy - I almost want to tell you not to wash it! 😂

Your transitions look fine to me, and the wash will obscure anything that the camera hasn't picked up.
Vials I most definitely can't help you with 😂
I'm still not sure than NMM would look right on something that's going to be as dirty as he is. When I think of Death Guard I don't immediately think of clean steel 😜
And maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't actually see the bit you're looking to cut off?

James #2128

Custom Custom Custom
Hah i think the green needs some depth. Dont worry nothing else will be touched.

Lol im running out if things to do except the vials now haha.
Nmm probably doesnt suit the type of model... but i wana do it.. so why not. Its good practice. And we did think the shifters wouldnt suit the drone but it worked out in the end... altho... shifters on the balesword would work!! If nmm doesnt work out...
Can you see it now?
Also Rask the chosen (as he is now known) took part it in today's battle. And died, rolled a 1 on his out of action and lost all his experience points😭

Also been super busy over weekend and free time was used to fix crusade force up so haven't got any further unfortunately.

pawl #2132

Custom Custom Custom
As a backup plan that's actually not bad!

Okay, can see it now! How deep does it go? If removing it would take up all the red then I would consider risking just leaving it there, as getting that blend back could be a nightmare.
Anything you could model to represent his failure? 😂

James #2133

Custom Custom Custom
I think we may be needing the backup plan 🤣
Anyway start with the positives. The vials have worked out beautifully. I'm really pleased.
Used this as a rough guide. https://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub ... asy-steps/
Also I've managed to use hobby knife to just slice of the top of the lip that had formed still slightly there but going to annoy me alot less now.
Also did the nurgling eye on shoulder so looks better.
Not as good as the rest but itll do.

Nmm.... went awfully. Just looked terrible. So definitely not going the azure steel look. I could try the regular silver recipe... or revert to either regular Metallics or shifter.... I'll have a think. Very close to being finished now which is nice!

Hmm modelling something for him.. i could model a little turd for his base perhaps 🤣

James #2134

Custom Custom Custom
Redone the sword. Gone for a more safe classic death guard blade style. Even managed to use nihilakh oxide without totally hating it.
I've also made a start with the base. Agrellan earth and nurgles rot. Should look like angel delight tomorrow morning.

pawl #2135

Custom Custom Custom
Vials have come out really well man! Like I said on discord, I actually thought the highlight was real! 🙈 his shoulder pad is like a combination of Slimer and the Eye of Sauron, which I love! 😂

The sword has definitely come out better for not being NMM. Far too clean!

Is it just a case of enamels and dulling down the melted ice cream now? 😁

James #2136

Custom Custom Custom
Haha thanks man. I'm super relieved the vials worked so well. I did some on blightlords pre lockdown and they looked rubbish. So phew. Yeah the shoulder pad is quite cool now actually can definitely see the sauron and slimer there hehe.

Yeah nmm is totally not right there unless in hands off a master. Ive returned to original rusty look and im happy with it. Its a dumb sword tbh. Would have preferred a simple chain sword or something.

Yes enamels basing and sword to fix. And ice cream meaning his homemade shoulder horn? Haha. Ive left as is atm.. but see what you think here.
First round of enamels in. Alot harder to blend on this sort of model... with the brushes ive got for enamels anyway. Really worked a treat with the slimer shoulder pad. Also really happy with the base. Love the agrellan earth stuff. Just need to allow enamels and next layer of nurgles rot to cure.
Then probably hit it with one more track wash enamel. Maybe pop a rust streak or two in there but not much room for it tbh.
Also debating about having two little bloodpools in or around the rot on the base and then using the uhu glue to stick the pools to bloody bits on the sword. What do you think?
Hobby Workshop