Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For anything else unrelated to the hobby.

pawl #1818

Custom Custom Custom
Yep, totally understand that! It's amazing how much more willing you are to spend stupid sums of money on things when other people are talking about it!
Hobby Workshop

Stephen #1863

@pawl @James Just a mention and some trumpet blowing, I started smoking fourteen years ago, and it was undoubtedly the worst choice I'd ever made. At one point I could run miles and miles without breaking a sweat, I was training three times a week, three different sports five times a week, cycling twenty miles a day almost every day. All whilst smoking, I could have been incredibly fit had I not smoked.

I'm happy to say I no longer smoke cigs, twenty days without one, I am vaping, which is the lesser of two evils I suppose, but its a step in the right direction. No tar, less toxins and such. I too should get back into shape, my cardio has taken a huge hit in recent years, the only 'excercise' I do now beside walking to the kettle is the occasional round of gentlemanly golf (which is a surprising workout considering how far you walk whilst carrying a bad full of golf-bats)
Last edited by Stephen on 20 Aug 20, 19:03, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Grammar

pawl #1866

Custom Custom Custom
Top work mate! How are you finding it?
Oddly I was talking to someone the other day about the whole vaping thing. I know it's a little different to when I tried it years ago, but I'm really not sure that I could switch full time.

James #1868

Custom Custom Custom
Maybe we need to change the forum name to the smoke storm or vape storm.

Well done for 3 weeks buddy. Have you found lockdown has helped or made it harder?
I used a vape in between and i did find it helps. Im not convinced which is less necessarily worse for you yet lol... sometimes better the devil you know hah. But i think its really good way to get to 0 nicotine and then cut the habit. Also good to have if your feeling awkward in public or whatever you can just get your vape out lol..
Not sure if you have found this but I got abit hooked into finding exciting vape flavours and brands.. ended up binning loads recently!!
I think i had a rhubarb and custard one once.. sounded better than it actually tasted
Doesnt one have a caddy for golf 😂

@pawl i think it can help but its something probably to phase in slowly rather than a cold Turkey switch over!
pawl liked this

Stephen #1882

@pawl Honestly, the first day I went cold turkey, and boy was it difficult. I couldnt stop wanting to eat, couldnt sleep, very rage-induced (especially when driving, more so than usual)
It has helped, I don't really think about having a real one very often, but the smell is still fantastic when I walk past someone :grinning:

@James I do have some fantastic flavours, and I started on the lowest (3ml) standard nicotine level so its straight onto nothing next, but I get where you're coming from, the range is rather enticing -.-
Lockdown has probably helped, no temptation at work or socially, so I'm just chilling at home. The inumerable hours i sink into gaming is probably the best thing to keep my mind off it :smiley:
Unfortunately my golf caddy is unavailable at the moment, and I'm sure courses aren't allowing them at the moment due to wanting to keep group sizes down. (Caddies don't just carry clubs, their advice in shot, placement and club choice can hugely change your approach to a hole, I'm unsurprisingly a better caddy than I am a player)
Hobby Workshop