Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Confirmed or fresh from the grapevine, it belongs in here.

pawl #927

Custom Custom Custom
The guy who created this Kickstarter is allowing late pledges for the next couple of weeks from here. I missed the Kickstarter but got in on the last round of late pledges, and it's looking like they're going to be really quite good!

Hobby Workshop

James #932

Custom Custom Custom
Oh those scripts look really cool. Be a nice way of putting stuff in books and that. I've got the tallyman for death guard and that would work a treat for him!
pawl liked this

Axineton #934

I pledged for this and can’t wait to get the decals. Been waiting ages 😂

pawl #939

Custom Custom Custom
Axineton wrote: 23 Jun 20, 16:23 I pledged for this and can’t wait to get the decals. Been waiting ages 😂
Based on the last update it'll be worth it though!
Axineton liked this

pawl #1372

Custom Custom Custom
Got my decals through today, and they look really nice! Even though the text is tinty the detail is really impressive - I've never been a big fan of purity seals, books etc but these might change my mind!

Have yours arrived yet @Axineton?

James #1373

Custom Custom Custom
Got anything to put them now? Keen to see in action. I may have a rummage around and see what I've got. I'd like to get xvi or whatever legion number death guard on the contemptor.. I have some stencils but not sure if too big....

pawl #1377

Custom Custom Custom
Not at the minute I'm afraid. These will be reserved for Astartes (or possibly guard if there's any books/scrolls worth using them on) which are a way off yet. Don't think I have anything currently for the second sheet (mostly glyphs and stuff). I'll grab a photo later if I remember though, show you the quality.

If he does another run I'll let you know, think these are really good for the price.

If you're looking for more generic stuff then have a look here. Haven't seen any in person (yet!) but the designs are solid.

James #1382

Custom Custom Custom
Those are excellent. I'll have a root around tomorrow and see what transfers I've got... did have a tonne somewhere. No idea if they'll be anything I want to use... Also.. not sure if you can weather a transfer.... what do you reckon

pawl #1386

Custom Custom Custom
As and when I'm ready to actually start playing with decals I'll be getting some, if not before. I have a load of old transfer sheets but I want to be able to guarantee that I can get consistency, so 3rd party might be the way forward.
So long as you've sealed it you shouldn't have any issues applying washes, pigments etc over the top. Sealing it properly will make it look and act painted on (no matte/gloss inconsistency, no borders) as it will give a uniform surface for anything you apply.

pawl #1399

Custom Custom Custom
Two quick, badly lit photos.
Paint bottle to give you an idea of scale, but I couldn't get a clear enough shot on my phone to show that even the tiny text is actually real text!

ImageImage
Hobby Workshop