Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #1361

Custom Custom Custom
It's bad enough, but I appreciate it πŸ˜‚

Leave it with me, I'll see what I can come up with. Might be able to get bare bones down without photos.

It sounds like something I'll have to grab when the airbrush becomes a reality. It does look really... melty though πŸ˜‚
Hobby Workshop

James #1363

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote: ↑19 Jul 20, 12:13 It sounds like something I'll have to grab when the airbrush becomes a reality. It does look really... melty though πŸ˜‚
I take it back... Maybe fridge is a good idea... I've had to spend about an hour getting all the bits out of the models 🀣 have to ask Enrique if he has any solutions to this. Definitely be less of an issue on less nutty models eg death guard.
Really happy with the surgeons cloak. (The middle bit I've left deliberately as it will be a grey white) I've missed a couple of bits but hopefully I'll be able to fix that with the brush.
The drone was a pain but it'll be ok. He doesn't need to be too perfect.

pawl #1368

Custom Custom Custom
I've skimmed a little on discord, did he have any idea? Failing that send an email to whoever makes it, see what they say.

It's come out well though I think! Not sure what the missed areas are, but just make sure to thin like crazy and blend slowly if it's joining airbrushed parts.
And maybe it's just me but I could never figure out the drones - I just don't know what's what or where to start! πŸ˜‚ If and when I paint mine I'm going to need a ton of reference material!

TITHI had my Forgotten Chapters custom decals turn up (forgot to take a photo earlier), as well as a couple of VMC bottles. One of them is hopefully the colour I'll be using as the dark grey in my marine scheme (although that's on the back burner, Orks and guard first!).

Not today, but I've also built trello boards for my painting backlogs (thanks for the idea @James!). I've missed a couple of bits so they don't quite contain everything yet, and I've not added the Indomitus contents or my KNF Death Guard either.
Marines - Orks - Guard
Each one contains sections for models that need stripping/assembling, models that are ready to prime/paint, models that are painted, and finally models that are finished (bases, transfers etc). The last section or two will have photos of the specific models, the first any eBay photos.

And lastly (also not today) I can't paint at the minute! 😭 the dining room is my work area (and the only place with a suitable table), and while the redecorating is done the dining table is gone and yet to be replaced. Cue one sad Paul!

James #1375

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote: ↑21 Jul 20, 16:22 I've skimmed a little on discord, did he have any idea? Failing that send an email to whoever makes it, see what they say.
Yeah I hassled poor Enrique with a few airbrush questions. He had never seen it or heard of it happening. So either its a bad one or its proof I'm the worst kind of sweaty neckbeard ever!! πŸ˜‚

It's sometimes abit hard to thin and control pressure and then all of a sudden you've over done it.. its quite temperamental!! You'll see πŸ˜‚
And your right as much as I love the drones and most of death guard they can be a pain to figure out whats what.

Nice work with the trello boards! Got any screenshots?

Must be annoying as hell with the table..when are you able to paint again? Hopefully the break will just reinspire you to paint tonnes!!

pawl #1380

Custom Custom Custom
Huh. Must just be you. πŸ˜‚

I meant keep it thin for brush touch-ups. One of the reasons I'm intending to stick with flat colours and weathering is precisely so that I don't have to try and brush-blend over airbrush-blend to fix mistakes!
I would hate to finish only to realise that I've gone and painted mechanical bits as flesh or vice versa πŸ˜‚

They're linked in the last post mate. =]
They're missing numbers for standard infantry because I don't yet know exactly how many tactical/boyz/guardsmen I have parts for, and only the marine side has any pictures, but it gives you an idea. Added the Indomitus stuff earlier for SM, might do a Necron one up later too.

It's not ideal! There's a tiny little table (like a side table thing, the ones that slide) into each other) that I could possibly use in the living room for cleaning and assembling, but it wouldn't just be me breathing in glue. =/ for the time being I'm just going to have to sit it out and maybe do some organisational work. Need a Warboss name, a Dynasty name & colour scheme and a regiment name and colour scheme! Plus I need to work out which Astartes models are representing what ranks in which companies - there's already a few that I know are getting demoted πŸ˜‚

James #1383

Custom Custom Custom
Ah yes sorry! It's not been too bad where I've had to correct stuff generally. Had to redo the main green armour section on the drone cos I found flesh coloured overspray on it. So when I did the contemptor second colour... I was much more careful with the mask lol

I find with the death guard stuff I have to refer to the gw website alot to ensure I'm getting the right idea of what is supposed to be what. Made a few mess ups previously when metallic things have ended up as fleshy tubes hah.

Duh. Wow that's trello boards are ace. I'm very impressed. Maybe I'll be tempted to do one...

Are you talking necron dynasty for the new ones? Which ones are you drawn to?
I'm getting abit apprehensive about Indomitus now. It's an amazing deal at 61 minis for 100 ish... and they are amazing models... but I have so much already. Feel like maybe im just getting it for fear of missing out. But I think I'm defo going to get it... take my time with it. If I don't feel it. Can always sell it on in a while and make my money back.

pawl #1385

Custom Custom Custom
At least with Chaos (and Nurgle in particular) you have plausibility though, and could get away with things like pipes/cables. That's some serious masking though! πŸ˜‚

They're really easy to set up, and for sorting out this place they've come in quite handy. Whenever I look at the one I have for the board I'm reminded of another little issue I've forgotten to try and figure out!

Yes indeed! Why sell the Necron half when I can just use it as a distraction? πŸ˜‚
I liked the idea of the Nihilakh Dynasty until I saw the colour scheme. I'm thinking maybe a counts-as (although as a non-gamer it makes little difference) using my own scheme. Maybe metallics with bone and blue as accent colours, vaguely Egyptian. Lore-wise they would just be a smaller dynasty that were amalgamated with the Nihilakh.

In the long run they're mostly models I would have wanted to buy anyway (not 100% on the Eradicators yet), so while the timing isn't great it's a seriously good deal even for just the marine half. The only problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to squeeze everything I want into a single chapter! Far too many characters, a few ideas that I'd like to try... As it is I have Captain models that are possibly going to end up as sergeants πŸ˜‚

Lovecraft0110 #1388

Custom Custom
What the heck? Man, you serious have a case of NURGLE PUTTY! I have never had issues like that with mine. As for reusable, yes, of course, I would say infinitely so. When you knead it the paint disappears...and this works even with lacquers. But James, unless you are at crazy temps, which I doubt, that must be defective. Sorry!

James #1390

Custom Custom Custom
Lovecraft0110 wrote: ↑22 Jul 20, 06:09 But James, unless you are at crazy temps, which I doubt, that must be defective. Sorry!
I've contacted scalemodelshop and they've forwarded it to Ak interactive. So we'll see what they say. If they don't send me another I will just be sure (If it's going to be longer than an hour) to try and stick it somewhere cold.. perhaps the fridge if space lol.

@pawl unless you ever want to go to the tournament scene I think as far as casual play goes you can make them count as whatever and paint whatever you like!! I was wanting to use my colour shift paint on them but I dunno.. I worry the colour shift is abit bland potentially.... not bland but abit easy...but meh I probably need a way to get stuff battle ready lol. I think the ammo shaders or filters would work really well for them.. silver and then bam whatever colour you like. @Lovecraft0110 had any thoughts for weathering on the new necron stuff?

@pawl funny you don't want the eradicators.. I think they will be the most sought after as they are stupidly over powered!! But I agree pretty bland models. But I think we'll see alot of armies with 3 squads of them!!
And Pawl... only answer is another chapter!!!

Update: my resin bricks have arrived from China. Maybe too small 🀣 for the contemptor.....

pawl #1393

Custom Custom Custom
The guys at B&C agreed. Necron fluff is apparently all about politics so smaller dynasties often get subsumed by larger ones, which means that it doesn't really break lore to simply claim they're part of the Nihilakh but paint them differently.
I did consider the idea of colourshift, as well as glaze/contrast over metal, but I'm not sure I fancy the work to be honest! Colourshift would probably end up looking flat because of the small surfaces, and if I'm going to try blue/bone then glazing/contrasting might end up providing too weak a colour.
Enamel washing however would probably work quite well I think though, both to panel line and also give the metallic sections a more worn look.

It's not that I don't want the Eradicators, it's just that the models haven't excited me yet. May change of course, but so far I've not felt the need to pay them much attention. And I already have plans for other chapters - in time I want to include elements of the other Unforgiven chapters as 'allied forces' 😁

The bricks look to be about the right size for 28mm scale, no? Just need millions of them! πŸ˜‚
Hobby Workshop