Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #1948

Custom Custom Custom
Which human sized legs? I like the idea though, simply because I find millipedes rather disgusting ๐Ÿ˜‚
It's possibly worth looking up the WorkInProgress forums - back in the day they used to be really good for ridiculous kitbashes and scratchbuilds. Think they're on Talktalk (ew) these days.
Hobby Workshop

James #1964

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah maybe a little bigger than human sized legs... maybe around there anyway.. see anythinf cheap and appropriate let me know...
I managed to swoop and get a bargain.. for 25 quid delivered.. 2 land speeders (1 missing a base and a gun) and what looks like most of a stormtalon! Plan will be to make the stormtalon body into a defiler...

In other.. biggus boi arrived!! What a beast.
The paint job isnt all that bad either... not sure what ill do with him yet but hes very cool. Maybe ill just redo the panels... any ideas on localised stripping @pawl ?

pawl #1966

Custom Custom Custom
If I see anything I'll let you know ๐Ÿ‘

Nice win! Any plans for the speeders?

Localised stripping isn't something I've tried to do yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
If you were to mask off the surrounding sections with masking putty and tape, and then use a combination of cotton wool (or makeup removal pads, anything similar) and a toothbrush you should be able to get to where you need to be. Maybe cotton buds in crevices.
I know that my guide says to leave things to soak, but I really need to update it as it turns out that not necessary and probably has no effect (for the reason below)! Simply soak your scrubbing device and get to it!

One of the benefits of ISO is that if you don't touch it then it won't do anything. Should it drip onto a surface you don't want to strip simply leaving it to evaporate is fine, and the paint underneath won't be affected. It's only when you apply pressure that it starts to work away the paint, unlike acetone which will eat through it while it just sits in the container.

James #1970

Custom Custom Custom
Hmm for the speeders ill need to strip them and fix them a little bit. Ill also need to get some better bases!! But want to use them as regular speeders for marines. I used one in 9th in my first game and points wise it was great. If you run 3 in a unit they get a big bonus to movement!

Ok that sounds great. Ill have a think.. i won't be stripping anytime soon as ive got tonnes in the paint queue and hes ok painted for now. I will probably consult you again once we get closer to wanting to paint him!! Schedule a weekend in 2022 probably ๐Ÿ˜‚

pawl #1976

Custom Custom Custom
Just don't forget to magnetise! Even for parts you don't have yet - Typhoon missile launchers and stuff.

If I get chance and can find a suitable subject I'll give it a go for you and see how it pans out.
๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‚

pawl #2006

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI took my potential painting time and chose not to paint! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Instead I spent a little time trying (and mostly failing) to reorganise all of my stuff, and then got to work stripping and undercoating some old metal Catachans! Expect details before too long ๐Ÿ˜

Edit - just realised I was a little hasty! I forgot to check them for mould lines and flash! While I'm doing that I might as well sort out their pegs too, which will mean I'll probably have to undercoat again after handling them to file away the remains... Whatever, I'll get round to it!

James #2009

Custom Custom Custom
Haha its not a waste.. itll save you time later down the line. However you do seem to have a unhealthy obsession with stripping miniatures ๐Ÿ˜‚
My wonderful fiancee actually reorganised my basing/modelling stuff the other day cos it was doing her head in so much and the cats were always too interested in it. Ill take some pics its so much better and i can actually find stuff now. Shes a good egg.

pawl #2013

Custom Custom Custom
There's a lot of organising work to do! ๐Ÿ™ˆ most of it is just storage to be fair. And I have a lot of old or eBayed models, I can't help it! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I would love a proper set up, but a permanent hobby area simply isn't a possibility at the moment. =[

James #2016

Custom Custom Custom
Haha I'm really trying hard to stop myself buying stuff cos i really dont need anymore.. i almost don't even want anymore.. but whenever i see a deal thats very good i really struggle to pass it up. Hence the knight.

My semi proper set up has been overtaken by our work pcs now. But i still have a gap where i can squeeze out enough space to airbrush if i need to. But won't be needing to in the immediate future as the next proj is already airbrushed!
Shes just reorganised the stuff into a hobby case thing. Just alot tidier and stuff.
pawl liked this

pawl #2027

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI won this (with the sprues in perfect condition), and I am very pleased about it. ๐Ÿ˜
ImageImage
Hobby Workshop